Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hernia surgery

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Yes had Hernia op about 3 years ago.You should have been given some stong pain killers,when you left hospital.Just to help you for a few days.Just take it easy, then you should be fine.Good luck mate.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Yes had Hernia op about 3 years ago.You should have been given some stong pain killers,when you left hospital.Just to help you for a few days.Just take it easy, then you should be fine.Good luck mate.

The main problem is i need a pee, i am too scared to push. Had the op at 10.30am and was only supposed to take 45mins but ended up 3 hours. They have also signed me off work for 2 weeks!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Had this in 2004. V.Painful. Also got signed off work for 2 weeks, due to the fact not allowed to drive or move around.

pain wore off during the 2nd week.

Take the painkillers, rest up, and as the Cadbury Bunny would say "Take it easy"

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Even when you are brave enough to pee, constipation then follows - I was something like 6 days, eating fairly normally. What the consultant forgot to tell me is that they used morphine that deadens everything for days, including all the bowel muscles.
Have they warned you about the bruising that appears after a couple of days? Mine really was spectacular - but not a part of the body that you can freely show people. The Barney the Purple Dinosaur had nothing on me !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Good luck fella, had hernia op in my tummy 2 years ago - they don't tell you how f*****g sore it is afterwards do they?! Couldn't get upstairs for a week, ended up pissing in a bucket downstairs :eek: literally had to wait for gravity to push my poo out as I was too scared to push!!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I think it affects people differently. I had mine done about 8 years ago and I stayed in hospital for a few days after. It was very painful for 48 hours after, and I can relate to the bruising, it was black and blue everywhere, including the old John Thomas :) If you can put up with all the piss taking, then sanitary towels are ideal for dressing the wound because you might find a lot of the blood from the bruising will seep out of the wound over the next few days. Everyone laughed, but I didn't care, Tesco Value did an ideal job! :D As someone else said, just don't cough, laugh, sneeze etc., cuz that will hurt. You WILL use the toilet when you get desperate enough, don't worry about busting it all open again, it won't happen. Get well soon!

I had a hernia in the naval, from a ski-ing accident when some pratt was going around 30mph right before the ski-lifts and smashed into me. Infuriating, but I had the op years later and it went seamlessly. They put a gauze disc in at Southlands and I didn't get much discomfort at all. I have to admit, my only fear was going under anaesthetic - as the anasthesiologist was a weird German geezer who I saw as a Joseph Mengele type!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes and whatever you do, don't force a pooh - very painful.

Tip, take at least 4 weeks off work as you will need it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
relax and put your feet up....dont lift anything and if you have pets, dont let them jump up on you. Pain Killers are the best.

My father in law had three hernias done at the same time, his only advice was REST REST REST

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you feel you've got to cough then get a cushion, hold it against you and then cough. It will help. Eat liquorice or dried fruit to help soften your poo so that it will pass more easily (don't overdo it or you may find you have a problem when you cough)

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Welcome to the club!

The first week is an absolute nightmare. Wait until you try to get out of bed in the morning. You'll have to get up in instalments.

It is a slow old process getting back to normal.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I had a minor op in the States and they put me on Percocet and Vicodin painkillers. Very effective but gave me chronic constipation so stopped taking them after a few days, they are also amongst the most addictive drugs in the US.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Speak to Muzza - an expert in this area!

:bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here