Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hernia surgery

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Well it is nearly 24 hours since my op and i could not sleep a wink. My stomach has started to turn yellow/green and is rock solid.

Thanks for the advice and care nsc!!!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Brusing will occur mate, but if you dont think its right, get down your GP's and get it checked.

I had my hernia op about 2/3 years ago, and it was really painful, and I ended up of work for 6 weeks.

Yes I also had 6 weeks off work.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Had mine in Princess Royal at Haywards Heath last year. Following day off, avoided driving for three days, lifting anything for five weeks. No side effects apart from an ache when getting out of bed.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would have had Darren Freeman down as the expert here. His botched hernia effectively ended his pro career - good luck with the recovery fella.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You really do need to take it easy mate as someone at work came back after two weeks then ruptured it again.

If you have the option work from home which is what I did after doing nothing week 1 then for weeks 2 to 4.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
After all this i am gutted to be missing the game tomorrow! At least i am now able to walk about now, meaning i can just about get downstairs for a fag.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
Had one done in September... same as many say, they play down the side affects. My balls went Buster Gonad size and everything down there went brownish green with bruising - and left with a decent sized gangster scar cm's from the old fella... and don't sneeze for f's sake.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Cheers mate, just worried my stiches will dissolve and my bowel to fall out.

Do you mind me asking where your's was?

I've got to have one done about two cm's above and to the right of my navel

The surgeon said it was a two inch incision, left to right, and pretty routine :smile:

Cheers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had a double hernia op of which one was like you have said.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Do you mind me asking where your's was?

I've got to have one done about two cm's above and to the right of my navel

The surgeon said it was a two inch incision, left to right, and pretty routine :smile:

Cheers

I had it done at southlands hospital and was in and out in 8 hours.
I have 3 scars, one coming from the naval which is about 4cm and 2 just below that.

Good luck mate and don't forget to shave your belly and pube line. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here