Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here is my conclusion to the sacking of Wilkins...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Dick Knight has a long term strategy to see us into Falmer, ideally as a Championship club. He therefore doesn't want us to peak to early and get relegated back to League 1 in time for Falmer.

He was therefore quite worried that Wilkins had assembled a team that could challenge for promotion this season, and had to act. He appointed Adams so he could use the excuse of planning for the long term, which meant rebuilding the squad, which in turn takes time for the team to gel.

Face it. The club doesn't want to get promoted. And that is my summary on the sacking of Wilkins.

I thank you.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Is this meant to be a joke or what?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dick Knight has a long term strategy to see us into Falmer, ideally as a Championship club. He therefore doesn't want us to peak to early and get relegated back to League 1 in time for Falmer.

He was therefore quite worried that Wilkins had assembled a team that could challenge for promotion this season, and had to act. He appointed Adams so he could use the excuse of planning for the long term, which meant rebuilding the squad, which in turn takes time for the team to gel.

Face it. The club doesn't want to get promoted. And that is my summary on the sacking of Wilkins.

I thank you.

Possibly the most insane post of all time.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

I thank you.

You forgot the bit about the ex marine who married a Russian chick and the grassy knoll:lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm not sure what would be more concerning, this being is a joke or a serious post.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Obviously this is NOT what happened but it's not entirely without substance. If we went up this season could stay up two years at Withdean, with the Championship becoming more and more money driven and difficult to stay in for smaller clubs every season?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Obviously this is NOT what happened but it's not entirely without substance. If we went up this season could stay up two years at Withdean, with the Championship becoming more and more money driven and difficult to stay in for smaller clubs every season?

But then again, we would have our 8,850 capacity for the whole campaign, something we didn't have in 2002/03,2004/05, and the start of 2005/06, so this could help.

I know it doesn't seem much but an extra 1k or so for each game in comparison to our previous budgets.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I think its a reasonable theory-would we rather go to Falmer off the back of a promotion to the Championship or relegation to League 1? I dont think it is realistic to think Micky can take us up this year, certainly not after this start.

I think a year or two "rebuilding" was factored into the plans to get us to Falmer ready to start off life in the Championship again.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But then again, we would have our 8,850 capacity for the whole campaign, something we didn't have in 2002/03,2004/05, and the start of 2005/06, so this could help.

I know it doesn't seem much but an extra 1k or so for each game in comparison to our previous budgets.
I doubt there are many clubs in there now whose average is less than 9k. It would be a herculean task to stay up for more than one season imo. Of course the club would love the extra revenue though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wish people would stop talking about Wilkins.

I wouldn't expect that too happen anytime soon. Not letting things drop, harbouring grudges, looking back fondly, it's all stuff that the average football fan can do for generations.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I thank you.

But surely if DK had wanted us to AVOID promotion, he and the rest of the Board would have simply sold key players. This time last year we were looking very useful, and in "danger" of going up, so surely the Board would have just contrived some sort of squad meltdown over the Xmas period to scupper our chances. Only resorting to sacking Wilins if he was able to resurrect the squad like some phoenix from the flames ....... hmmm, maybe you do have something!

:D

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
But surely if DK had wanted us to AVOID promotion, he and the rest of the Board would have simply sold key players. This time last year we were looking very useful, and in "danger" of going up, so surely the Board would have just contrived some sort of squad meltdown over the Xmas period to scupper our chances. Only resorting to sacking Wilins if he was able to resurrect the squad like some phoenix from the flames ....... hmmm, maybe you do have something!

:D

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I think the board felt that by bringing in Adams we would be near (or even) top of the table and really challenging.

The fact that we are not and "performances" have been very hit and miss makes me think they are somewhat "disappointed" with our position so far this season. We haven't built on the Man City result and it seems for every step forward - Millwall, we take two back - Hartlepool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here