Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here is my conclusion to the sacking of Wilkins...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even if it was true surely the board don't really believe that they can decide when we are gonna get promoted. The only thing they can be sure of is that we won't get promoted if they don't want us to

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Quite apart from the idea Knight would want the club to fail being daft in the first place, you can't time your promotion. Who's to say, were this part of some evil plot to keep us down 'til Falmer is ready, that we'd be in any position to challenge at the right time? It just doesn't work like that.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Dick Knight has a long term strategy to see us into Falmer, ideally as a Championship club. He therefore doesn't want us to peak to early and get relegated back to League 1 in time for Falmer.

He was therefore quite worried that Wilkins had assembled a team that could challenge for promotion this season, and had to act. He appointed Adams so he could use the excuse of planning for the long term, which meant rebuilding the squad, which in turn takes time for the team to gel.

Face it. The club doesn't want to get promoted. And that is my summary on the sacking of Wilkins.

I thank you.

People may mock, but if anyone can find a better reason than this that Adam Virgo was played on the right wing then I'd like to hear it...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
People may mock, but if anyone can find a better reason than this that Adam Virgo was played on the right wing then I'd like to hear it...

Exactly!

My theory now has real WEIGHT behind it.

We MUST want to stay in this league with STUPID tactical decisions like that!!! :laugh:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knight has a long term strategy to see us into Falmer, ideally as a Championship club. He therefore doesn't want us to peak to early and get relegated back to League 1 in time for Falmer.

He was therefore quite worried that Wilkins had assembled a team that could challenge for promotion this season, and had to act. He appointed Adams so he could use the excuse of planning for the long term, which meant rebuilding the squad, which in turn takes time for the team to gel.

Face it. The club doesn't want to get promoted. And that is my summary on the sacking of Wilkins.

I thank you.
Oh, well there's no point in spending any money going to games then is there?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why is that? and why should we trust you?

It's unfair to make spurious comments like that without giving satisfactory reasons or without giving evidence to back your conspiracy theories up.

nation security............... stum

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
a bit Machiavellian that do you really think they would be that crafty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here