Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Her Majesty The Queens Platinum Jubilee - Official Thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm not ashamed to say that I watched and enjoyed every minute of the coverage.

But whatever one's views on the Queen are, I hope you've all had a good Bank Holiday weekend regardless. :smile:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
:laugh:

Oh, yes! Seems like he got less screen time than an extra in Corrie.

And your point? This was a royal celebration, not a point scoring political event

Don’t over analyse it. It would appear you were glued.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think it's rather telling that the current PM was hardly seen. No need for over analysing at all.

Admittedly, I do not know much about how these things are organised but I would imagine if we'd have had a PM that was popular, not a lawbreaker and good at his job then they would have been invited to make a public speech at some point in proceedings. Unfortunately we have Boris Johnson, a man who stands up in Parliament time and time again and simply lies, lies, and lies again. And he lied to the Queen herself.

"I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it".

Charles Dickens.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Admittedly, I do not know much about how these things are organised but I would imagine if we'd have had a PM that was popular, not a lawbreaker and good at his job then they would have been invited to make a public speech at some point in proceedings. Unfortunately we have Boris Johnson, a man who stands up in Parliament time and time again and simply lies, lies, and lies again. And he lied to the Queen herself.

"I have known a vast quantity of nonsense talked about bad men not looking you in the face. Don't trust that conventional idea. Dishonesty will stare honesty out of countenance any day in the week, if there is anything to be got by it".

Charles Dickens.

That's the point I was trying to make earlier, and he was definitely conspicuous by his absence, on-screen.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course it is, but you can bet your bottom dollar that our wonderful PM (if, indeed BJ had been one), would be shown far more, waving and cheering proceedings.
Do you not think he was 'avoided' at all?

Any photograph of him taken this last four days has exclusively been used (quite rightly) to accompany a headline deriding him. I have not seen one "normal" pic that has something positive or at least benign about him. He is a hated, hated man.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's the point I was trying to make earlier, and he was definitely conspicuous by his absence, on-screen.

Exactly. PM is arguably the second most powerful role in public life in the U.K. The office and those who occupy it normally walk hand in hand with the head of state. The PM heads up Her Majesty's Government. It's a sad indictment of the man that currently occupies that office that not only was he not invited to publicly say a few words of thanks to our Liz, but his very presence was ignored as much as possible.

Is that someone anyone wants in that role? A Prime Minister so unpopular he is cropped out of the biggest party in the U.K since the 2012 Olympics.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Exactly. PM is arguably the second most powerful role in public life in the U.K. The office and those who occupy it normally walk hand in hand with the head of state. The PM heads up Her Majesty's Government. It's a sad indictment of the man that currently occupies that office that not only was he not invited to publicly say a few words of thanks to our Liz, but his very presence was ignored as much as possible.

Is that someone anyone wants in that role? A Prime Minister so unpopular he is cropped out of the biggest party in the U.K since the 2012 Olympics.

It's like taking a pair of scissors and cutting a cheating ex-partner out of your photos.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not to mention Stephen Fry and Lee Mack took the piss out of him, rightly so.

Maybe he gave Harry and Megan a lift home…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here