Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I must admit it's all very impressive and I wish I could be more proud of my country. But what's the point in this great show of wealth and unity when this winter thousands of people won't be able to eat or heat themselves because of the ****s in charge? Some of which are probably standing there watching. You might say it's nothing to do with the monarchy but it's a drip down effect

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Must admit 'show of wealth' is the last thing I would have thought of. I guess looking for it comes naturally to some.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stunning procession. Even the horses walk to the beat of the drum. Hypnotic.

They were talking about how difficult this was on the radio earlier - and also how in the late-night rehearsals they had people making a noise, and throwing flowers in front of/at the horses so they got used to it and weren't spooked.

Estimates of the potential queuing time to file past are up to 36 hours at some point over the weekend according to some reports now.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just had a notification on my phone that BBC are live streaming the queen lying in state.

What are they expecting to happen?!

franks brother

10 pound.jpg
new £10 pound note:smile:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
For the same reason that I was at Whitehall this afternoon to pay my respects to the Queen as her lying in state procession passed by.

I'm not criticising anyone by the way, I'm just fascinated by it. I think going to watch a ceremonial procession is very different to queuing for two days to walk past a coffin, but what do I know.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
We need a report from someone with first hand experience.

Anyone been inside or currently queing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here