Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Have to admit not being the greatest Royal family lover. The last few days and tonight watching Her Majesty come back to Buckingham Palace have brought home what a genuine lovely lady she was and I shed a tear. I don't think we will ever see a Monarch quite like her.

I will of course watch and pay my respects Monday

RIP

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We should probably have a different thread for the instances of weirdos. Far too many people being interviewed who clearly are a bit odd in expressing their grief.

Eg “I had to be here, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity” (very poor choice of words IMO!) Also, people that have been round seeing her lying in state 7 or more times! (Sake, it’s not a fairground ride!) “I wanted to bring my baby so I can say she was there” (again, you mawkish ****, it’s not a giant selfie!)

These occasions always bring out the loons but when it’s a death I find all the smiling at the cameras and “Me me me”, almost “grief offs” all rather undignified. What’s wrong with mourning her without desperately seeking a media outlet or posting your own footage online to gain ‘likes’? Some very peculiar people…

Mournography.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why are people clapping and cheering as the hearse drives past them?

Hardly respectful.

They feel it is. Not my choice, but then it's not for me to determine the actions of the heart. It's the modern way.

What I can't understand is why people have to film it. The TV stations have it, and it will always be there. I couldn't pay my respects on such an occasion and film it at the same time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What I can't understand is why people have to film it. The TV stations have it, and it will always be there. I couldn't pay my respects on such an occasion and film it at the same time.

Facebook likes are far more important than actually respecting someone passing.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is very modern which those who support the idea of a Royal Family stick their collective head in the sand over.

There was even an ex-police officer on the radio yesterday talking about the threat at public events of the Royally obsessed.

It is the inevitable conclusion of The Royal Family being threatened with "openness and transparency" and replacing it with "Celebrity" to fill the void.

what are these types threatening to do?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why are people clapping and cheering as the hearse drives past them?

Hardly respectful.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Like others on this thread I'm a staunch Republican, but I haven't said anything as this is a time for ceremony and remembrance and not politics. (And if the likes of Sinn Fein and Vladimir Putin can make respectful comments then so can the rest of us). And even as a Republican I think whooping and cheering as the queen's coffin goes past is a tad disrespectful.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I left this thread alone as I didn't think it was the place for my moaning about Sad FM and BBC presenters having that tone like they are phoning in sick with a hangover every day. Imagine my delight to find out we've moved onto cats shitting on pillows.

Carry on everyone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Facebook likes are far more important than actually respecting someone passing.

Had the same conversation with my daughter. She asked why people couldn't take photos inside the chapel. She got a stern Paddington Bear stare.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Whatever personal views on the Monarchy in general or Charles in particular, you surely have to feel for him. His mother dies and he is unable to quietly grieve, but instead is the centre of attention, criss crossing the country, having to meet and greet, and listen to numerous condolence speeches, attend the same ceremonies again and again, and hold it together. The pen incident shows he is human- who hasnt been foiled by a pen that wont work, or leaks at the most inopportune time. I think it showed the pressure he must be feeling

Its easy to forget he is a 73 yr old who has had an itinerary that would exhaust most of us over the past 5 days. He must be knackered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-62901408

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
PC1.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Whatever personal views on the Monarchy in general or Charles in particular, you surely have to feel for him. His mother dies and he is unable to quietly grieve, but instead is the centre of attention, criss crossing the country, having to meet and greet, and listen to numerous condolence speeches, attend the same ceremonies again and again, and hold it together. The pen incident shows he is human- who hasnt been foiled by a pen that wont work, or leaks at the most inopportune time. I think it showed the pressure he must be feeling

Its easy to forget he is a 73 yr old who has had an itinerary that would exhaust most of us over the past 5 days. He must be knackered

Yeah but, everyone else does all that and a full time job

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I must admit it's all very impressive and I wish I could be more proud of my country. But what's the point in this great show of wealth and unity when this winter thousands of people won't be able to eat or heat themselves because of the ****s in charge? Some of which are probably standing there watching. You might say it's nothing to do with the monarchy but it's a drip down effect

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I agree. I wouldn't think any the less of him if he had taken a break after the ascension ceremony until the funeral to get his head straight. Never easy losing a parent at any age. Unfair for the Establishment to put him under such pressure. But then he is now King and if he didn't want to do it he could always say no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here