Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Watching the Paddington scene and the Bond scene I always wonder about the director of them.

Think about it. You're directing the Queen! If she does a take but doesn't quite get it right they've got to go and ask her to do it again, but better.

I saw a documentary about the Christmas broadcasts where the director said he was very nervous, but she offered to do reruns herself if it wasn’t right. She was at pains to help them and to get it right.
She also loved acting and took part in shows as a youngster.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I saw a documentary about the Christmas broadcasts where the director said he was very nervous, but she offered to do reruns herself if it wasn’t right. She was at pains to help them and to get it right.
She also loved acting and took part in shows as a youngster.

It was obvious watching that clip that she absoletely loved having tea with Paddington.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If they do change coins, that will be the first time. The older NSCers will remember coinage with various different Monarchs on them still being legal tender and common prior to 1970 ???

Apparently so, and the post boxes as they have ER and stamps over time

No rush though, apparently there are still some with King George VI’s GR cypher in use today.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i'm not happy about Camilla Queen consort. Prince Philip didn't have the title as King. She should remain duchess and stay in the background

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
do thay have to change all the coins and bank notes?

They won't change them - they just issue new ones, obviously, but the old ones will remain in use. Pre-decimalisation we had coins with different royal heads on going back to Queen Victoria in circulation - and we've still got post boxes with GR and VR on them.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If they do change coins, that will be the first time. The older NSCers will remember coinage with various different Monarchs on them still being legal tender and common prior to 1970 ???

what makes you so sure , i cant even remember where my slipper is or where i left the dog.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They won't change them - they just issue new ones, obviously, but the old ones will remain in use. Pre-decimalisation we had coins with different royal heads on going back to Queen Victoria in circulation - and we've still got post boxes with GR and VR on them.

The Queen Victoria coins showed her hairstyle as a bun in the nape of her neck, so we tried to collect Bun Pennies. We couldn’t afford to collect coins of a higher value.
I’ve got a farthing from the year of my birth, with the Wren on the front, with George VI on the reverse.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
do thay have to change all the coins and bank notes?

The Queen Victoria coins showed her hairstyle as a bun in the nape of her neck, so we tried to collect Bun Pennies. We couldn’t afford to collect coins of a higher value.
I’ve got a farthing from the year of my birth, with the Wren on the front, with George VI on the reverse.

I've got loads of old pennies too, and a few other pre-decimal coins, including a half crown from my year of birth that I carry around with me for good luck (it doesn't work very often!)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here