Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Rydstrom - new manager candidate.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The Malmö fans are pissed....

Why would he want to coach a worse team? bottom team in pl or the opportunity to win the champions league with malmö, the choice is simple....

So, malmo is in yorkshire?
By the sounds of those comments there, you could be forgiven to think of beaten championship playoffs or another team from up that way with visions of past grandeur...
Malmo United or is it Malmo Wednesday? :thumbsup:

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm

Why would he want to coach a worse team? bottom team in pl or the opportunity to win the champions league with malmö, the choice is simple....

That’s the way they are. ’Have you seen Malmö, you have seen the rest of the world’, as the saying goes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

That's fair enough. The only recently made the final. Lost to Nottingham Forest.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Without wishing to get into a dick swinging contest, if we're being honest Malmo have even less chance of winning the champions league than we do. And we're not and never have been in it.

The silly sausages.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
As for Rydström himself - no quotes in the article, but he did answer my Barber-long "Surely you're not going to Brighton?!"-email and since no state secrets were revealed, I might as well quote it in its entirety:

"Hi
Wonderful email.
It sounds like you know what you're talking about."
Cryptic stuff.. but I remain 99% sure he won't be our next manager.

I don't know a huge number of Swedish people, but I do know a few, and if any of them said to me "it sounds like you know what you're talking about" I'd assume that whatever I'd just said was totally, utterly, laughably wrong. Maybe the Swedes I know are more sarcastic than the norm, though :)

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Sorry, I just have to post this one too, that's 1,45 minutes when they show us how the last one was made. Love it!! Now I'll leave you alone!

Reactions: Vin

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Ahead of Tuesday night's Allsvenskan meeting with Elfsborg, MFF's sports director Daniel Andersson speaks out on the matter. He is not surprised by the Brighton connection to Rydström that has arisen on the islands.

- That's not something I've heard. But it's nothing surprising, he (Rydström) has done incredibly well in the past and very well with us. It is no wonder that there is interest, says Andersson.

- He can speak for himself, but the feeling is that he is enjoying himself very well and is pushing this project in a good way and is looking forward to the European Games that are coming as well.

After the Elfsborg match, which MFF won 2-1, Henrik Rydström himself speaks out for the first time:

- I saw it. I got from a friend that it had come from a betting site. That is all I know. It's more fun to be mentioned than not. But this is very abstract. It's nothing concrete and nothing like me even... There were some incredible coach names in there, and then you wonder what the missing link is there? asks Rydström self-deprecatingly at the press conference.
- It's Björn Hamberg, who was with Potter (Graham) and a friend of mine. It is probably he who planted it, jokes the MFF coach further.

MFF's forward Isaac Kiese Thelin can see Rydström in the Premier League going forward.
- One day it will happen, and we'll see when. He will take an even bigger team, in an even bigger league. As simple as that. I said it: "If you're here in Malmö and do well, then you disappear. If you do badly, then you disappear too. You have to be in the middle sometimes, maybe to keep yourself there," says Kiese Thelin and continues:
- But I hope he stays here as long as possible, then there will be eyes on him, because he is an incredible coach. It's nothing that shocks us.
- A big step, but look at Graham Potter for example who also took the step. I have had many coaches, for example Vincent Kompany who will take Bayern Munich. "Henke" - there is not much difference in how they teach and so on. He will have a nice career ahead of him but I hope he is here for a while.

Kiese Thelin explains what he thinks it is that unites Rydström and the aforementioned coach name:
- This that there is football 24/7 in their brains. They think and find solutions to most things, and are good at teaching too. Educational in that way. I said the same thing about Vincent when I left (Anderlecht): "We'll see when you take over City". As a player, you feel when you have coaches who know what they are talking about.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Sir Henrik is talking!

"After the Elfsborg match, which MFF won 2-1, Henrik Rydström himself speaks out for the first time:

- I saw it. I got from a friend that it had come from a betting site. That is all I know. It's more fun to be mentioned than not. But this is very abstract. It's nothing concrete and nothing like me even... There were some incredible coach names in there, and then you wonder what the missing link is there? Rydström asks himself self-deprecatingly at the press conference."

Source: https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/rydstroms-forsta-ord-kring-brighton/

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sir Henrik is talking!

"After the Elfsborg match, which MFF won 2-1, Henrik Rydström himself speaks out for the first time:

- I saw it. I got from a friend that it had come from a betting site. That is all I know. It's more fun to be mentioned than not. But this is very abstract. It's nothing concrete and nothing like me even... There were some incredible coach names in there, and then you wonder what the missing link is there? Rydström asks himself self-deprecatingly at the press conference."

Source: https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/rydstroms-forsta-ord-kring-brighton/
Doesnt sound like he's had a call then lol.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that it was Potter's European experience that really confirmed he had something going at Ostersunds, so it would be one hell of a punt for an established Prem side like us to appoint Rydstrom based on his domestic achievements and playing style only.

I fancy he would be a good match for a big Championship club without parachute payments and a half-decent, youngish squad, like Sunderland.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I agree that it was Potter's European experience that really confirmed he had something going at Ostersunds, so it would be one hell of a punt for an established Prem side like us to appoint Rydstrom based on his domestic achievements and playing style only.

I fancy he would be a good match for a big Championship club without parachute payments and a half-decent, youngish squad, like Sunderland.
This is partly why I think Neestrup will be more likely. His Copenhagen team beat Man United in the champions league, and their last game of the season is tomorrow.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is partly why I think Neestrup will be more likely.
I think with his maternal family connection he'll end up at West Ham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here