Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Henrik Rydstrom - new manager candidate.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Do you have a better solution?
Yes - someone who has managed a team outside of the 25th best league in Europe, or at least managed a game against a team outside of the 25th best league in Europe.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Yes - someone who has managed a team outside of the 25th best league in Europe, or at least managed a game against a team outside of the 25th best league in Europe.
It didn’t seem to matter that Potter had only one season in the championship for Tony to sign him so why not Rydstrom now?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It didn’t seem to matter that Potter had only one season in the championship for Tony to sign him so why not Rydstrom now?
Graham Potter had:
- At least 10 years of experience working in professionell football in England
- Coached Östersund in the Europa League, winning against Arsenal, Galatasaray, Athletic Bilbao etc
- Indeed a season in the Championship and I guarantee it was a very important learning experience

Henrik Rydström has none of that. He has worked a couple of years in one of the worst leagues in Europe. Thats all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I fancy he would be a good match for a big Championship club without parachute payments and a half-decent, youngish squad, like Sunderland.
It's never been done before but given our model.....

could we sign him and loan him straight out to a championship club?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
So has Steve Cooper, Mickey Mouse, Bob Paisley, Jock Stein...
Reminds me of the reported conversation between Spielberg and John Williams concerning the music score for Schindler’s List:

Williams: “You need a better composer than I am for this film." Spielberg responded, "I know. But they're all dead!"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was trying to think if I'd heard of Hen Rydstrom...

Bing! Got shingles real bad in senior year, almost didn't graduate.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Graham Potter had:
- At least 10 years of experience working in professionell football in England
- Coached Östersund in the Europa League, winning against Arsenal, Galatasaray, Athletic Bilbao etc
- Indeed a season in the Championship and I guarantee it was a very important learning experience

Henrik Rydström has none of that. He has worked a couple of years in one of the worst leagues in Europe. Thats all.
All good points. The problem is, if we’re considering him for the future, he’s not going to go to a championship club for a year to get experience just for us. Loaning him to a championship club is a great idea but had never happened. He has no ties to the country like Potter had. Like a wunderkid talent, if we believe enough in his potential we should sign him anyway regardless of how long it takes for him to get up to speed. We’re probably going to get relegated anyway.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His odds have shortened on Betfair this morning to 4.0, which makes him marginal favourite ahead of Potter at 4.1. Don't know if there's any substance behind this or not as nothing on Social Media that I can see. He still appears to be available to back at 8-1 with Bet 365 (which is equivalent to 9.0 on Betfair).

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I am so on board with this bloke it's untrue

-anarchic football style
-absolute DILF

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
His odds have shortened on Betfair this morning to 4.0, which makes him marginal favourite ahead of Potter at 4.1. Don't know if there's any substance behind this or not as nothing on Social Media that I can see. He still appears to be available to back at 8-1 with Bet 365 (which is equivalent to 9.0 on Betfair).
Betfair a joke market tho...8-1 to lay the more realistic price on there...Ten Hag back price 1.53 for £16 :oops:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Still not happening.

I would really love to see it though. His personality and his way of speaking is just so far from anything you can imagine in a top 5 league. Difficult to explain how as a lot goes missing in translation, but a few examples

2.22: "We have to find paths to play past... Sometimes you can't, and then you have to take a longer pass. But as soon as you give the players the opportunity to play it long, they will take it. Because... its like a drug. You like to send it long a lot of times. Many Swedish players grow up with it and... Ok, yeah that was a bad metaphor. Many bad metaphores today."

3.00: "Before the election, I was sitting in the sauna with a young team mate. It sounds more equivocal than it was... We talked about the coming election, and I asked him what he was going to vote for. He said he didn't know. And this was a nice boy, a humble boy - clever - so there was no reason for him not to know what to vote for. So I started asking some questions to him: "what do you think about this, and about this..". And he knew his opinions very well. So I explained to him: 'well, you're a social democrat'."

3.45: : "Its a miserable referee performance. I don't know what the f*** he is doing. Very weird levels - one second there's a free kick for nothing and the next second you can kick someone in the waist so that the lower party of the body ends up outside the pitch and nothing happens."

4.53:
"We're a wonderful gang and we cuddle a lot, and feel good together...

Guys, don't just sit there and do nothing. Here's my shoes. Polish them.

Everyone is equally worth here. A junior player has the same status as someone who has been here for 18 years. The kit man has the same status as the chairman.

Manne! The coffee, have you brought it? Yeye excuses! Run and get it for me."

5:30:
"We're soo damn slow, and apparently I'm a terrible f***ing coach who can't get my players to run against teams they think they are better than. At the goals.. its plain and simple useless from us. Lars, who is the strongest duelist in Allsvenskan, just gets pushed away easily, and at the second goal, Degerfors had not had anything for an hour and we start thinking 'well this is all cozy and nice" and then they just run past Axel Lindahl. Its not good enough, its my fault, we have to correct it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here