Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo give me the jitters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
And what does his Ireland's number 3 tag prove exactly... that Ireland don't have many good keepers at present... and that is all it proves...

Number two, Paddy Kenny is never going to play for Ireland again it appears. And being number two to Shay Given when you've got Nicky Colgan waiting in the wings is no easy position to get to, particularly when Colgan and the manager are from the same county, and the manager is ex-GAA (meaning county loyalties mean a huge amount)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
of course, but as I said, they see these players day in day out, 24/7, the coaches are working with the players all the time etc etc....we see them on a saturday and possibly during the week for 90 minutes max, but we make our mind up in a pressure cooker situation and very often with our personal agendas.

But it's those 90 minutes that actually matter... I would prefer a player who trains badly but plays brilliantly... there might as well not be a NSC if you can't disagree with the 'experts'...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Number two, Paddy Kenny is never going to play for Ireland again it appears. And being number two to Shay Given when you've got Nicky Colgan waiting in the wings is no easy position to get to, particularly when Colgan and the manager are from the same county, and the manager is ex-GAA (meaning county loyalties mean a huge amount)
Colgan is even more of a clown than Henderson!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's number 2 actually. Number 2 to one of the top 5 keepers in the world.

What number is Kuipers in the dutch pecking order?

And don't tell me the quality is vastly superior to what we have in the Premiership and Championship, because that's tosh.

Hmmm... even if he is number 2, there is a huge gulf in ability between him and Given... what has happenned to Kenny then?

I have no idea where the mighty FDM is in the Dutch pecking order... all I know is that he has been an excellent servant to our club, and a major contributor to our most-recent successful campaigns... Henderson hasn't... unlike you, I trust what I see... the FDM has very rarely let us down... Hendo is error-prone and I for one think we did well to get rid for good money when we did...

Don't really understand what point you are trying to make with your last paragraph, but see above...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hmmm... even if he is number 2, there is a huge gulf in ability between him and Given... what has happenned to Kenny then?

I have no idea where the mighty FDM is in the Dutch pecking order... all I know is that he has been an excellent servant to our club, and a major contributor to our most-recent successful campaigns... Henderson hasn't... unlike you, I trust what I see... the FDM has very rarely let us down... Hendo is error-prone and I for one think we did well to get rid for good money when we did...

Don't really understand what point you are trying to make with your last paragraph, but see above...

Kenny played his last game in the disaster that was a 3-2 defeat in Cyprus.

He looked past it and was at fault for at least 1 of the goals. Henderson is rightly now seen as number two and Given's natural successor.

Henderson could've contributed to great things for this club if he'd been given the chance by our fans. As an Ireland fan I'm glad he left as his game will progress at a better club.

The thing you Kuipers fan boys seem to forget is that Henderson is only 23 now. Kuipers came here when he was 26 (and boy was he dodgy at first). Unless you watched Kuipers at DWS Amsterdam you can't really comment on their relative merits and abilities as goalkeepers.

Silvanus

Aug 16, 2007

Given is by far and away the best keeper for the Republic of Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here