Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo give me the jitters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yup really really shit.

Oh hang on, he is playing in the Championship and is a current International.....pah, What do these really really good managers think?

i would certainly judge a player from the comments on an internet message board.

( not having a go at you les Old boy:wave:), but we really do need to move on in our lives.
Not sure Stan "Steve" Staunton and Paul Simpson are really that great... and I don't really buy this argument, surely if you believe that you will just agree with anything anyone does in football? Football managers are not infallible... Lawrie Sanchez is trying to buy Darius Henderson for 1.5 million pounds....

Anyway, at his best Henderson was the better keeper, he was far too inconsistent and error prone (as well as being prone to handing in transfer requests at the drop of a hat), the defence also seems to have more confidence in Kuipers.

Not sure the fact he is an international means that much, if he was Dutch would he be? Georges Santos was an international, Mark McCammon is a current international....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not sure Stan "Steve" Staunton and Paul Simpson are really that great... and I don't really buy this argument, surely if you believe that you will just agree with anything anyone does in football? Football managers are not infallible... Lawrie Sanchez is trying to buy Darius Henderson for 1.5 million pounds....

Well I would be inclined to take the view of these particular people who deal with players day in day out rather that someone who sees them once a week for 90 minutes.( again not a pop at you)

And we were dead right about darius Henderson too wern't we?

Its quite amazing how many players come down here on loan, or as buys, get absolutely slated on here, but go elsewhere and become decent players....maybe its because we have had shit managers and coaches who havent a clue how to get the best out of these players? Or maybe we are right and actually they are all shit players and what we have are world beaters?

IMHO of course

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well I would be inclined to take the view of these particular people who deal with players day in day out rather that someone who sees them once a week for 90 minutes.( again not a pop at you)

Its quite amazing how many players come down here on loan, or as buys, get absolutely slated on here, but go elsewhere and become decent players....maybe its because we have had shit managers and coaches who havent a clue how to get the best out of these players? Or maybe we are right and actually they are all shit players and what we have are world beaters?

IMHO of course

Spot on.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

IMHO of course
But managers are not always right, and not all managers agree. Neither Pardew or Coppell rated Henderson, but Stan Ternent and Bothroyd have got him playing. I just find it a bit stupid when people use the manager thing as their argument, surely at some time they've disagreed with a manager's decision?

Who apart from the two Henderson's have done that? I can't really think of anyone...

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak

IMHO of course

Nail, head, hit

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But managers are not always right, and not all managers agree. Neither Pardew or Coppell rated Henderson, but Stan Ternent and Bothroyd have got him playing. I just find it a bit stupid when people use the manager thing as their argument, surely at some time they've disagreed with a manager's decision?

Who apart from the two Henderson's have done that? I can't really think of anyone...

Didnt Coppell bring Henderson here?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah, but he also didn't extend his loan, and got rid at Reading.

I dont think you can really include reading there.

He would have been a poor player compaired to Kitson, Lita (had he signed for them at that point?) and Doyle.

Also he was injuried when he went back to Reading.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yup really really shit.

Oh hang on, he is playing in the Championship and is a current International.....pah, What do these really really good managers think?

i would certainly judge a player from the comments on an internet message board.

( not having a go at you les Old boy:wave:), but we really do need to move on in our lives.

And, of course, alll football managers are perfect and never ever make mistakes... :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Their comparative international caps says it's not.....

And what does his Ireland's number 3 tag prove exactly... that Ireland don't have many good keepers at present... and that is all it proves...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And, of course, alll football managers are perfect and never ever make mistakes... :rolleyes:

of course, but as I said, they see these players day in day out, 24/7, the coaches are working with the players all the time etc etc....we see them on a saturday and possibly during the week for 90 minutes max, but we make our mind up in a pressure cooker situation and very often with our personal agendas.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
And what does his Ireland's number 3 tag prove exactly... that Ireland don't have many good keepers at present... and that is all it proves...

He's number 2 actually. Number 2 to one of the top 5 keepers in the world.

What number is Kuipers in the dutch pecking order?

And don't tell me the quality is vastly superior to what we have in the Premiership and Championship, because that's tosh.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
of course, but as I said, they see these players day in day out, 24/7, the coaches are working with the players all the time etc etc....we see them on a saturday and possibly during the week for 90 minutes max, but we make our mind up in a pressure cooker situation and very often with our personal agendas.

I've said the same thing on another thread about players but have been told that is not a good reason or argument.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I've said the same thing on another thread about players but have been told that is not a good reason or argument.

And people should remember you know everything and are best mates with the manager and the team.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Come on Les, you can do better than that. Where's the biting sarcasm and wit you normally find in these situations?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anyone know if Chez is ok....?.............seriously concerned that he hasn,t posted on this thread yet........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here