Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson

Whos to blame for Hendo's tranfer request?

• The fans fault

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Henderson needs to grow up

Votes: 59 61.5%
  • Goring Gull (fence)

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
Yeah he will go out on loan or will withdrawhis transer and then kuipers will be shit, and he will be back in goal, and then the fans will hate him etc etc same old same old.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
I think it was inevitable.

he has an international career to think about and languishing in the wrong half of the third division will do nothing whatsoever to help that cause.

i could see him ending up in the Championship somewhere...Coventry/Leicester type teams.

Good luck to him I say....he was always on to a hiding for nothing here with Kuips being so popular with fans that any of his mistakes and Yes there were a few would be leaped upon by those who wanted him away.

i just would like to see some stability in the club. I would like the manager to be allowed to doa long term job, I would like our players to concentrate of the job in hand and for the press to stop these stories of disharmony. Yes I know Falmer blah blah blah, but with the best will in the world anda following wind, that is going to be 4 years away, therefore we all need to pull together.
I kind of agree with your 'inevitable' comment. It was only inevitable if he is totally driven in his career.

But then that begs the question - if he was serious about advancing his career, why on earth did he come here? First team football, yes, but first team football in a team heading for relegation when he joined, and lower-mid table in the Third Division now.

Somehow, I doubt this will affect morale TOO much - if he had been one of the youth teamers (the kids who have known each other for 6 years), they might be a bit distraught. Sure they'll be bothered, but not so much that it would affect their game.

One thing I suspect might well happen on Saturday - Henderson will be dropped from the subs' bench. Sadly, I fear a few morons might well boo him should he come out and sit on the bench, and that will only make things worse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If he's as good as he appears to believe, he will sign for a big club where upon if he makes the kind of mistakes he has made playing for us he'll find what its really like to slated by thousands of fans.

Goalkeepers will always take stick for their mistakes as they normally end up with conceding goals. Therefore fans are less tolerant, if he can't handle it I suggest he finds another job.

f*** off or grow up

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I cant remembner exactly where we were when he came, but it wa sobvious he weas offered first team football after being sent out on loan from Villa , which culminated in him playing for Rep of Ireland, so to that point his career plan must have been on track.

I think he will be a better player in front of a better defence, as the game against the Czecs showed.

I just think its amazing that our fans are very quick at saying that players are shit, who actually turn out to be reasonable players...henderson who went to watford, Yeats, Imolumo etc etc.

The problem is there is a vocal element at Brighton who hate Henderson....FDM chants when he makes a mistake, booing at Bournemouth..dodgy keeper etc and if I was a young player making my way in the game, I wouldn't put up with it either. I mean if we face facts, we are not exactly the best draw for players coming and staying here are we? and we all know players have same agents etc.......perhaps this is why no bugger wants to come and play for us.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I dont understand henderson sometimes
he went on international duty and wilkins kept kuipers in goal - hands in transfer request
gets dropped for poor performances - kuipers gets back in plays 2 games - 2 clean sheets. surely he cant be dropped for that - hands in transfer equest

bradford away - not playing - goes to watch - we score last minute winner - he jumps out the crown to celebrate but gets arrested -

he must like it here - surely?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mendoza10 said:
he went on international duty and wilkins kept him kuipers in goal - hands in transfer request

what does that first sentance mean?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's all been said above - he's obviously got a shit attitude and isn't THAT good anyway. Getting stick from the fans when you f*** up is part of being a professional footballer. If he can't handle it, he may as well by the old pro's customary pub or newsagent right now. Bit pathetic, really.

One thing's for sure - this is the thread to get LI back! If he avoids this juicy bait, then he's gone forever.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Man of Harveys said:

One thing's for sure - this is the thread to get LI back! If he avoids this juicy bait, then he's gone forever.

I was thinking that as well. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the whole Henderson transfer request is just that, bait to get LI back :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
It's all been said above - he's obviously got a shit attitude and isn't THAT good anyway. Getting stick from the fans when you f*** up is part of being a professional footballer. If he can't handle it, he may as well by the old pro's customary pub or newsagent right now. Bit pathetic, really.

This is what I love about being a Brighton fan and why I really am glad that instead of going to travel to London that fateful day in 1975, to watch Chelsea, I instead chose to go to Brighton.

Really worth while

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
hendo you CAANT! You're not that good and you're only here because no one else wants you. It's obvious the back four don't like you as much as Kuipers because they work harder for him. Stop whining like a BITCH and fight for your place back in the squad and you might deserve to wear the shirt!

Otherwise f*** OFF HENDO!

1066gull

magoo said:
hendo you CAANT! You're not that good and you're only here because no one else wants you. It's obvious the back four don't like you as much as Kuipers because they work harder for him. Stop whining like a BITCH and fight for your place back in the squad and you might deserve to wear the shirt!

Otherwise f*** OFF HENDO!
Leeds will buy him, they need a keeper:(

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
he hasn't helped himself but the fans never took to him and the constant abuse must eventually begin to get you down which would lead to a loss of form and so being dropped.

Shame because he is one of the better keepers in this league and think he will go onto be very good in the future

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here