Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson

Whos to blame for Hendo's tranfer request?

• The fans fault

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Henderson needs to grow up

Votes: 59 61.5%
  • Goring Gull (fence)

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
The Large One said:
f*** knows what's happened this time. If it's purely because he has been dropped, Henderson's out of order. If it's because fans are giving him grief, he needs to knuckle down and sort himself out.

Spot on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
chez said:

Foot:jester:

Can't believe you like royal rumble etc etc.Oh Chez:down:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
chez said:
Come on, you know I dont mean all the fans.

Fair enough mate....point taken......but do try and not get so upset about individual things....it,s football. I know the incident regarding Henderson at Bournemouth really upset you.....but I was there too........you have to remember that football is a game of passion and emotions. When Leon Knight scored that goal at the millenium, pasion and emotion takes over.....you can,t just sit there for 10 minutes and think about it and then go...."oh that was very good"...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
The same was at Bournemouth....if anyone was at fault, remember it was 10 seconds before the end of the game.....I was very surprised that the senior players insisted he came to the Brighton end.IMHO, that was poor judgement, and it would have been much better to have let him leave the field. Given a few minutes, I don,t think the reaction from the crowd would have been anything like it was.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Grow up, he needs to realise that he's a professional footballer and as such can't just ask for a transfer everytime he isn't picked.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The Large One said:

If I was the manager of another club, an interested club, I will want to know why a player hands in two transfer requests within five months. It doesn't look good form for the individual if he says it's because the fans are giving him grief. The other club will want to know 'well, why are they giving him grief...?'

Because they are obsessed with a keeper who is passed his prime.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
The Large One said:
First request must have resulted in a 'clear the air' meeting with Wendy and Henderson.

f*** knows what's happened this time. If it's purely because he has been dropped, Henderson's out of order. If it's because fans are giving him grief, he needs to knuckle down and sort himself out.

If I was the manager of another club, an interested club, I will want to know why a player hands in two transfer requests within five months. It doesn't look good form for the individual if he says it's because the fans are giving him grief. The other club will want to know 'well, why are they giving him grief...?'
:bowdown:
it's all throwing toys out of the pram or an agent after money from a transfer if you ask me. Yes the fans have got on his back but they also slag Kerry off enough, does he strop - no, he works hard to improve himslef AND even ebcourages the player(s) who have taken the place in the team

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Seagullible said:
it's all throwing toys out of the pram or an agent after money from a transfer if you ask me. Yes the fans have got on his back but they also slag Kerry off enough, does he strop - no, he works hard to improve himslef AND even ebcourages the player(s) who have taken the place in the team

Same with Butters - fans got on his back more than anyone - he was even put on Ebay for £5 and he bounced bacvk and won player of the season the next year - and still playing 2 seasons later - its all about attitude and willing to suceed against the odds

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Seagullible said:

Spot on. You always here talk of people like Kerry being model pros for working hard even when they are not in the team. Hendo has to learn to improve his attitude.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Wayne Henderson is a good 'keeper, and is an asset to our football club, but he needs to understand that no player is undroppable.

It doesn't matter to me whether you're talking about Wayne Henderson, Michel Kuipers, Ronaldinho, Wayne Rooney or any other football player on the planet, no player should be considered to be totally immune from being dropped/rested if the manager of the team determines that to be the correct course of action at a given time. If Henderson cannot understand this, then we should get rid.

Yes, I'm fully aware that Kuipers did the same thing, and I can't and won't even slightly condone that either, but he realised the error of his ways, presumably knuckled down and worked hard in training and has been rewarded for his hard work by eventually getting his place back.

Has Henderson ever stopped to consider that his recent lack of football has been due to the simple fact that he has not been playing as well as he is undoubtedly capable of?

Surely, for a professional of any kind, the motivation should be such that if you are told there is someone doing your job better than you are, you resolve to work as hard as you can to rectify that, you don't walk away because you aren't getting your own way.

It's a shame, because although I am pro-Kuipers, I have also always believed that it is essential to have two good goalkeepers at this club who push each other for the shirt each week and so improve themselves and their performances by virtue of that.

I guess it's a shame that Mr. Henderson apparently doesn't see it the same way.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Brilliant news!

I knew as soon as he got flack and dropped for his rubbish performances he would walk...He threatened it once on the departure of mcghee and now again. Good..at least FDM can keep playing well and the little irish moaner who got treatment from the fans but so has mayo for 5 years.......Henderson you are the weakest link...now get us a good price and then GOODBYE!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Can we send this to insider...Someone has said they want to send a keep henderson thread, so we can see what the irish thinks of public opinion!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing twat in my book , justified to be dropped by 2 clean sheets. Is just thinking he's better than he is .

He is 3rd or 4th choice R of I , hardly great shakes and isnt actually a very good keeper

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
All a bit pathetic if you ask me! It all stinks of a lame attempt to get some publicity, why put in a transfer request with only 15 hours of the window left!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There needs to be another option - McGhee's fault.

Henderson was signed as an investment but woth two goalkeepers of a good level it was always going to cause fall out one way or another. Inevitable therefore that when Kuipers decided to stick it out that at some point Henderson would go. Provided we get some good money for him then I guess it was a good deal. if not as we all know the money could have been spent much better on areas of the team that need it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it was inevitable.

he has an international career to think about and languishing in the wrong half of the third division will do nothing whatsoever to help that cause.

i could see him ending up in the Championship somewhere...Coventry/Leicester type teams.

Good luck to him I say....he was always on to a hiding for nothing here with Kuips being so popular with fans that any of his mistakes and Yes there were a few would be leaped upon by those who wanted him away.

i just would like to see some stability in the club. I would like the manager to be allowed to doa long term job, I would like our players to concentrate of the job in hand and for the press to stop these stories of disharmony. Yes I know Falmer blah blah blah, but with the best will in the world anda following wind, that is going to be 4 years away, therefore we all need to pull together.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A shame but you cant have a player putting in a transfer request every time he gets dropped. Seems a strange time to do it if you ask me, if he doesn't get a club today what's he going to do? Could go out on loan, I suppose.

He's not that good anyway. He's probably a bit better than Kuipers but is prone to silly mistakes, but he's no more than an average Championship keeper at the moment, if that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here