Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson today

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Woodchip said:
You're left the option between a 1 on 1 or running forward and clearing the ball? The option EVERYTIME will be to run forward and clear it, surely?

If we need to blame anyone why not blame whoever should have been marking Eagles and putting the pressure on him to miss the shot??

A fair point. And a freak goal anyway.

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
I thought Henderson was Brilliant at shot stopping today and the goal was just one of those things , the guy took a chance and it came off i for one applauded it ,How many times do you think we will see that in our lifetime ? the only small problem i have with hendo is that he does tend to palm the ball out from shots which could leave a sharp attacker to come in with a goal scoring chance . But overall kept us in the game 2 or 3 times today with quality saves .:clap:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Repugnant Toad said:
Sure, but you accept that with that sort of keeper - he will naturally make more mistakes than someone like Kuipers as he takes more risks, much like Roberts before him. However, given we benefit so much from his distribution, I'd rather he carried on doing it.

I would rather he carries on doing it also, but would like him to sometimes think a little more.

The difference between a good keeper (like Henderson) and a great keeper is knowing when to release the ball and when to hold it and take stock rather than throw it regardless of whether it is the best option or not.

Finding the right balance between effective distribution and allowing the team time to regroup rather than this desperation to release the ball at any cost is the key.

This should come with time and further coaching and he has the makings of a really great keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here