Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson today

1066gull

Wayne is f***ing awesome. He is great. He is sexy.

My idol.

If I pull off any tremendous saves, it would be down to him. Inspirational.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A van der Meyde said:
Wayne is f***ing awesome.

He is great.

He is sexy.

My idol.
:rolleyes:

You dont by any chance dream of sleeping with him and Frutos to you/ You're beginning to worry me

- His bird is FIT

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Blimey, you lot are forgiving. Yes, Henderson made a couple of good saves today, as did Alec Chamberlain at the other end. But it was still his cock-up that cost us any points today.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
You dont by any chance dream of sleeping with him and Frutos to you/ You're beginning to worry me

- His bird is FIT
We want PICTURES dammit, you've been saying how fit she is for MONTHS. :lolol:

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:

- His bird is FIT

Not just Wayne, his girlfriend as well.

;)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Silent Bob said:
We want PICTURES dammit, you've been saying how fit she is for MONTHS. :lolol:

It is quite hard to photograph someone as they stroll past into the Players bar!!!

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Curious Orange said:
Blimey, you lot are forgiving. Yes, Henderson made a couple of good saves today, as did Alec Chamberlain at the other end. But it was still his cock-up that cost us any points today.
It wasn't his cock up - end of story. He dealt pretty well with a through ball that would have left him one on one. The fact that Eagles then caught it so sweetly is hardly Henderson's fault.

I'm glad people are supporting Hendo but it has to go down as a mistake, surely? No problem admitting that, even the unparalled genius that is Ben Roberts made 'em very occasionally for us.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1140280875_spt_ai09brightvwatfd.jpg

Man of the match for me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
He had no choice but to go for the ball or allow the player a one on one, but I think that he could have done better with the header, but then again he is a goalkeeper not an outfield player.

The shot was good but shots like that look spectacular when they go in or cold just have easily bounced over the abr. Eagles will never score another goal like that during his career.

Does a day pass when you don't talk out of your arse ? Could have done better with the header ? Yes, he could also walk on water and you still would moan.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
JSD Albion said:
It wasn't his cock up - end of story. He dealt pretty well with a through ball that would have left him one on one. The fact that Eagles then caught it so sweetly is hardly Henderson's fault.

You're quite right, Henderson can't be held responsible for the accuracy of Eagles shot. But who headed it straight to him?

It is a pity, because otherwise Henderson had a reasonable game. But the fact of the matter is that he DID cost us a point.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Curious Orange said:
You're quite right, Henderson can't be held responsible for the accuracy of Eagles shot. But who headed it straight to him?

It is a pity, because otherwise Henderson had a reasonable game. But the fact of the matter is that he DID cost us a point.

He didnt head it to him, a brighton player missed a kick before it go to him

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
227 BHA said:
The only thing I can fault Henderson with today was his sometimes over-eagerness to always look to distribute the ball into an attack regardless of whether it is actually an option or not.

Sometimes i think he has read too much of his own press (from McGhee) telling him how important he is to the teams counter-attacking. At least twice in the first half he threw the ball towards either Frutos or Carole but it was nowhere near reaching them and ended up with an immediate Watford attack and us in a scramble to defend.

Sometimes he needs to hold the ball, take stock and let the team move back up the field. A quick release of the ball is great, but only if there is a reasonable attacking option.

Sure, but you accept that with that sort of keeper - he will naturally make more mistakes than someone like Kuipers as he takes more risks, much like Roberts before him. However, given we benefit so much from his distribution, I'd rather he carried on doing it.

I don't think it's a case of believing his own press, either - he's doing exactly what he was earlier in the season.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Curious Orange said:
One where he doesn't make any decisive mistakes?

You're left the option between a 1 on 1 or running forward and clearing the ball? The option EVERYTIME will be to run forward and clear it, surely?

If we need to blame anyone why not blame whoever should have been marking Eagles and putting the pressure on him to miss the shot??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here