Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson or Blayney

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think Henderson has the better potential of the 2, the tendancy to push the ball can be worked on with the coaches.

Blaney has a habit of being a bit of a 6 yards area keeper. Yes he has saved 2 penalties in the last 2 games, but before those games he has looked very shaky. Also he is in his mid 20's and yet Southampton do not seem to rate him.

olster

Dec 3, 2005
blayney deffinatley.hes made thousands of great saves including two penalty saves and a million great performences.henderson is good but blayney tends catch the ball more than henderson or at least tip it round the post instead of punching it out to the other teams player.if you can remember back to albion against sheffield utd they shot and henderson punched it back to there player and then they scored.and that goal costed us three could have been great points. :cry: :cry: :cry:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Kuipers is not Cup-tied. Boston lost 1-2 to Donny.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Get Henderson now, he will go on to be a top quality keeper. Think he will be challenging for Ireland No 1 in the not too distant future once he starts getting regular football.

E

enigma

Rookie said:
Get Henderson now, he will go on to be a top quality keeper. Think he will be challenging for Ireland No 1 in the not too distant future once he starts getting regular football.

Challenging Shay Given? I think not.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
London Irish said:
Except of course Blayney fed the wingers constantly at Watford yesterday. Another myth the Hendo groupies hang on to :)

i did go to the game yesterday and didnt notice this.. mus have blinked :cool:

but if this is the case then im glad :)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
The away fans today chanting the name of Big Gay Al, eh? A bit of heat starting to be felt on the neck of all the Henderson groupies on here :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

I'd be happy with either but Blayney was simply magnificent today, and it would be a shame to lose him :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree either would be great both are quailty keepers and if fdm is his old self that will be one postion we will have top quailty

f*** me must be ill I agree with london irish

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
1. Henderson
2. Kuipers
3. Blayney

There is not that much between them, but Henderson should be our number one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hendo is a great keeper and I'd choose him over Kuipers and Blayney.

I worry about Blayneys positioning and command of his box. I like keepers to know whem to come for crosses and I'm not convinced Blayney does. Hendo's distribution ais top drawer and he's a graet shot stopper. What makes people thnik he was a tfault for those goals he pushed back out into the box? They were all good saves, in my book.

Not having a pop at Blayney you understand, I do appreciate that he's saved those penalties (thoguh neither were that well struck) but I really don't rate him that highly.

Hendo is younger and already more assured. I'd like to se him between the sticks for years to come.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
olster said:
if you can remember back to albion against sheffield utd they shot and henderson punched it back to there player and then they scored.and that goal costed us three could have been great points. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Alternatively, they were through one on one, Hendo made a great save, and three defenders watched, played statues, fell over, and generally did anything but get to the rebound before the Sheffield United player. I think this whole "Henderson pushes it out to the striker" thing is the only real myth on here.

Repugnant Toad said:
Alternatively, they were through one on one, Hendo made a great save, and three defenders watched, played statues, fell over, and generally did anything but get to the rebound before the Sheffield United player. I think this whole "Henderson pushes it out to the striker" thing is the only real myth on here.

It certainly would have become received wisdom if the Palace lino hadn't ruled out Morrison's injury time goal :eek:

I think there are too many examples of it to be just to be mere co-incidence, and it is something Hendo's coaches need to work on, be they Steele or Keeley, if he is to get a permanent gig here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here