Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson or Blayney

perseus said:
Gary Hart :jester:

He's certainly itching to get his hands on the ball :rolleyes: :jester:

Repugnant Toad said:
Few keepers could have held that, certainly none we could afford. Henderson comfortably for me - quicker off his line, better command of his box and exceptional distribution.

It gives you no pause for thought whatsoever how many goals we've conceded on rebounds from Hendo this year? :) It certainly is a bit of weird coincidence if, as you feel, there isn't a little weakness here.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Repugnant Toad said:
Few keepers could have held that, certainly none we could afford. Henderson comfortably for me - quicker off his line, better command of his box and exceptional distribution.

Blimey!! I agree with the Toad. :ohmy:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
I'm still trying to figure out what he was trying to do!
Stop their bloke getting through on goal....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Henderson 4 me

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
It gives you no pause for thought whatsoever how many goals we've conceded on rebounds from Hendo this year? :) It certainly is a bit of weird coincidence if, as you feel, there isn't a little weakness here.

If there is, it's not a major one. Any weaknesses he has are far outweighed by his talents, for me. If you look at the goals you refer to, how many are actually mistakes?

Wednesday - hammered straight at him, too hard to hold, too central to palm wide easily.

Sheff Utd - player one-on-one with him, made a great save, but none of our defenders saw fit to clear the rebound.

Leeds - another fine save from close-range.

Co-incidence is all it really is as far as I can see.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Please can I say both?

I love FDM to bits but he still can't kick and he is too injury prone.

Btw he isn't allowed to play for Boston in the FA cup round so that he isn't cup tied.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Icy Gull said:
The new Southampton manager may not want to sell Blayney though ???

Does he know the difference between a goalkeeper and a scrum half,then?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
withdeanwombat said:
Does he know the difference between a goalkeeper and a scrum half,then?

they both use there hands dont they?? could dawson do ajob for us?? :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stevie_boy said:
they both use there hands dont they?? could dawson do ajob for us?? :lolol:

No but I heard Kieran Bracken is available

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
henderson.. when blayney gathers in the ball there is often our fast wingers free and a quick throw would set off a counter-attack with a very good opportunity, i often see this go to waste when blayney is in goal.

henderson sees this better

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is a bit harsh to pick holes in Henderson because a couple of rebounds have been scored.

I would say the defenders are probably as much at fault for not reacting quickly when he saved them.

They are both looking good.

Not sure why certain people are making digs at other for liking one over the other. Surely it is good we have TWO good goalies possibly fighting out for the number 1 spot?

brighton2win said:
henderson.. when blayney gathers in the ball there is often our fast wingers free and a quick throw would set off a counter-attack with a very good opportunity, i often see this go to waste when blayney is in goal.

henderson sees this better

Except of course Blayney fed the wingers constantly at Watford yesterday. Another myth the Hendo groupies hang on to :)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Henderson for me, but would be happy with either of them to challenge Kuipers for the No.1 spot.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
Except of course Blayney fed the wingers constantly at Watford yesterday. Another myth the Hendo groupies hang on to :)

Hardly a myth - Blayney does do it, but not as quickly, consistently or accurately as Henderson. Blayney is possibly more "solid" as a keeper, but I prefer the Henderson/Roberts style.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
fatboy said:
Henderson for me, but would be happy with either of them to challenge Kuipers for the No.1 spot.

IMHO it would not be a case of challenging FDM for No 1 more him being content with being either No 2 or even 3 if we bought both.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Blayney. Henderson palms the ball away too much. Both have a good kick on them though, certainly better then Kuipers.

What he said........

At least Blayney doesn't palm it to their strikers......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here