Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson at fault again?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
What I'd like to see more of from Hendo next season is deflecting shots for a corner rather than them rebounding straight out to the opposition striker, there is a skill to this in how you angle your hands and I hope him and Keeley are doing work on it. The shot yesterday was angled across his body and I was hoping that would give him the chance to push it to safety, but it was not to be.
That is absolute bollocks. There is no skill in how you angle your hands for a professional goalkeeper.
Christ, LI, you do talk some shit, and this just confirms you talk out of your arse most of the time. No wonder you've been voted most annoying member, which is quite an achivement considering 1066 is a regular.

For the record imho Henderson will be a great keeper. Much better than Kuipers. John Keeley has a huge input to the goalkeeping situation, so I would safely say he believes Henderson is the better keeper.:cool: ..............Believe me he does.

But your comment above is total crap.

Also for the record goalkeepers turn the ball around the post when there is no way of holding it or when they are at full stretch and its the only option. If they had time to think about the 'angles of their fingers', they'd catch the bloody thing. There is absolutely no skill to learn in angles of fingers for a professional goalkeeper!!! If they deflect in the path of an opponent, its just bad luck. If they parry it in front of them, it's because they saw it late, misjudged it or its a reflex save and thats all they can do. Or simply cocked up!
I don't believe for one minute, if Henderson needed training to 'learn' how to turn the ball around the post, he'd be a Sunday League goalkeeper, let alone a full international. You cannot teach Goalkeepers about 'angles of fingers' past the age of 9 or 10.

Now go away and talk about something you know about! Actually don't because you'll be talking shit again. .:yawn: :yawn:

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Repugnant Toad said:
Although I take the point generally, I don't think you can blame him in any way for the goal yesterday. The angle of the shot made it virtually impossible to palm it for a corner - he did all he could. The defence, specifically Butters and Lynch, were the ones at fault for letting the player run and run without getting nearly close to him.

As for the Sheffield Utd game, that was a one-on-one! He did well enough to block it in the first place, it would be incredibly harsh to blame him for the fact that Jagielka reacted quicker than three of our defenders.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mr Burns said:
There is no skill in how you angle your hands for a professional goalkeeper.

You cannot teach Goalkeepers about 'angles of fingers' past the age of 9 or 10.

So Racist, either there isn't a skill of deflecting the ball to safety, as your first sentence says, or there is, as your second sentence says.

If you are going to flame me in that usual childish way of yours, is there any chance you could not put glaringly obvious contradictions in your post? :dunce: Although I'm course delighted you do, because it makes you look a fool.

And I'm amazed someone like you even thinks an Irishman should be playing for an English team, given your often stated view that different races can't mix.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
So Racist, either there isn't a skill of deflecting the ball to safety, as your first sentence says, or there is, as your second sentence says.

If you are going to flame me in that usual childish way of yours, is there any chance you could not put glaringly obvious contradictions in your post? :dunce: Although I'm course delighted you do, because it makes you look a fool.

And I'm amazed someone like you even thinks an Irishman should be playing for an English team, given your often stated view that different races can't mix.
Aint you boring. Don't you go on.

Where is the contradiction prick?

Last edited:

Mr Burns said:
Aint you boring. Don't you go on.

Where is the contradiction prick?

I've explained it clearly enough, like so many right-wing racists you clearly have literacy problems.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
I've explained it clearly enough, like so many right-wing racists you clearly have literacy problems.
By keep on mentioning the right-wing (correct) racist (incorrect) you are making yourself sound boring and sound like a prick. Which is probably why no one likes you on here. Try and be grown up and reply to what's being said.

Now, my first sentence was, "That is absolute bollocks. "

My seconded sentence was "There is no skill in how you angle your hands for a professional goalkeeper."

And I have literacy problems???

So no, I dont think you've explained it well enough. Unless someone else can help you out and explain the contradiction to me in those two sentences, I would ask you again to explain contradiction. And try to do it without using the word racist, as it just makes you look silly! We're talking about Goalkeeping, something I doubt you know very much about.

Last edited:

Mr Burns said:
By keep on mentioning the right-wing (correct) racist (incorrect) you are making yourself sound boring and sound like a prick. Which is probably why no one likes you on here. Try and be grown up and reply to what's being said.

Now, my first sentence was, "That is absolute bollocks. "

My seconded sentence was "There is no skill in how you angle your hands for a professional goalkeeper."

And I have literacy problems???

So no, I dont think you've explained it well enough. Unless someone else can help you out and explain the contradiction to me in those two sentences, I would ask you again to explain contradiction. And try to do it without using the word racist, as it just makes you look silly! We're talking about Goalkeeping, something I doubt you know very much about.

You think I want a long conversation about football with you, you tedious racist? You are not interested in discussing Henderson, you just want to have a pop at me because I've opposed your racist ramblings against Asians on here in the past. Henderson would probably be one of the many immigrants who if you had your way wouldn't be allowed to work and live in this country.

E

enigma

Is the contradiction not blindingly obvious?

You state at first that you cant teach goalkeepers, and then in the second statement highlighted, you say you can.

Which one is it? And why are you getting so upset?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
You think I want a long conversation about football with you, you tedious racist? You are not interested in discussing Henderson, you just want to have a pop at me because I've opposed your racist ramblings against Asians on here in the past. Henderson would probably be one of the many immigrants who if you had your way wouldn't be allowed to work and live in this country.
Okay then, so I take it you've been beaten again, because as usual when you can't answer a question, you go off on one of your bullshit rants.

The fact i wrote a longish reply about Henderson, abeit it at the same time as calling you a prick, (something you've clearly proven since with your replies)probably did show that I did want to talk about Henderson. But as I've clearly put you in your place on that subject, and proved you clearly dont know what your talking about I'll let you back out of the argument............AGAIN!

You see people, as many of you already know, and probably voted for, London irish is the most annoying person on these boards for the reason that he's shown here. If he can't answer he'll attack. Doesn't matter if he talks bollox by trying to make people look bad by trying to make them out to be something there not, as with most people he calls them racist or scum (you know the sort of comments , the real grown-up 'come backs'), but then he does have a tendacy to twist what people say, as I'm sure most of you know.

So then Prick, and i think I'm within rights to call you that, try and reply to the comments about Henderson. Otherwise go and have your warm milk and go to bed where most of the other children are now.

But I'm sure you can't, as I'm sure you have no idea on what your talking about. So we'll all wait for another attack about race/colour/immaragants(even though you know I talk about Aslyum seekers, and not immargrant, but dont let the fact they're two seperate issues get in the way).

Or maybe, just maybe, you'll manage a reply about football and football alone, without your racist slurs................. but then I doubt it.

Last edited:

E

enigma

To be fair Burns, you started it with the abuse. If you disagree with his point, fine, but you were the one that started throwing about the insults, so I dont really think you can take the moral high ground.

Mr Burns said:
Okay then, so I take it you've been beaten again, because as usual when you can't answer a question, you go off on one of your bullshit rants.

The fact i wrote a longish reply about Henderson, abeit it at the same time as calling you a prick, (something you've clearly proven since with your replies)probably did show that I did want to talk about Henderson. But as I've clearly put you in your place on that subject, and proved you clearly dont know what your talking about I'll let you back out of the argument............AGAIN!

You see people, as many of you already know, and probably voted for, London irish is the most annoying person on these boards for the reason that he's shown here. If he can't answer he'll attack. Doesn't matter if he talks bollox by trying to make people look bad by trying to make them out to be something there not, as with most people he calls them racist or scum (you know the sort of comments , the real grown-up 'come backs'), but then he does have a tendacy to twist what people say, as I'm sure most of you know.

So then Prick, and i think I'm within rights to call you that, try and reply to the comments about Henderson. Otherwise go and have your warm milk and go to bed where most of the other children are now.

But I'm sure you can't, as I'm sure you have no idea on what your talking about. So we'll all wait for another attack about race/colour/immaragants(even though you know I talk about Aslyum seekers, and not immargrant, but dont let the fact they're two seperate issues get in the way).

Or maybe, just maybe, you'll manage a reply about football and football alone, without your racist slurs................. but then I doubt it.

You are a bitter little fella, aren't you? So much anger, so much spite, so much ignorance.

enigma said:

You state at first that you cant teach goalkeepers, and then in the second statement highlighted, you say you can.

Are you going to answer this?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
enigma said:

I said you cannot teach professional goalkeepers, ie Henderson how to angle your hands to save a ball.

You cannot really teach kids it, it's something you can or can't do.
To suggest a professional international keeper needs to be trained in how to angle his hands, to me as someone who would know , suggests the person who made the comments does not know what they're talking about. You can say to a kid, try and push the ball around the post, but if your telling/training a grown man how to do it, he obviously would not be a goalkeeper, so to suggest Henderson needs training on how to angle his hands, to me suggests the person who suggests it doesn't know the first thing about goalkeepers.

Bottom line is, if Henderson needs to be trained on this point, he shouldn't and wouldn't be a professional goalkeeper.

Your second point, I'm not getting upset. I just think London Irish is a pratt. In hindsight I shouldn't have saidthat, purely as he'd have no excuse not to answer the point I made. But I've given him an excuse to aviod the issue. But than that is London irish all over. Makes a point, than doesn't back it up.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
Are you going to answer this?
Just answered it.

Now are you going to answer my point about Henderson? Forget all the name caling, are you going to reply to my point about our goalkeeper?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
enigma said:
To be fair Burns, you started it with the abuse. If you disagree with his point, fine, but you were the one that started throwing about the insults, so I dont really think you can take the moral high ground.
Point taken, but I still dont reakon he'll answer the points.

Mr Burns said:
Point taken, but I still dont reakon he'll answer the points.

For the last time. I'm not interested in discussing any football matters with a bitter, ignorant little racist like you. You are not interested in a discussion on Henderson, just attacking me because I confronted you in the past about your racist postings about Asians, you know it, I know it, so stop the pretence.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here