Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson at fault again?

huddersfieldseagull

Sep 29, 2005
Im sorry i no he played well against preston but it realy seems since he came back he looks very uncertain the goal yesterday looked like he could have done better and other games crewe plymouth possibly watford thats alot of points he may have cost our relegation battle?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Rubbish, is it his turn to get the blame for the teams shortcomings?.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mcshanes turn next week then.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Henderson at fault again?

Repugnant Toad said:

What mistake did he make against Watford?

sprinted off his line, tried to head it over the player rather that into Row Z, realised his mistake and was 40 yards out when the goal was scored - I doubt if any goalkeeping text book would have recommended his actions.

And I am a Henderson fan(!) although I think the money could have been better spent.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was a bargain and we will sell him at a large profit one day.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Henderson at fault again?

timbha said:
And I am a Henderson fan(!) although I think the money could have been better spent.
You think we could've got another full international for £20k? ???

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Henderson at fault again?

timbha said:
sprinted off his line, tried to head it over the player rather that into Row Z, realised his mistake and was 40 yards out when the goal was scored

It would have been some header to find touch from his position!

He did exactly the right thing, you can't legislate for a finish like that Eagles provided.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
we should cash in and bring back Kuipers for next season. I make no apologises for mentioning Blayney is better again!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Henderson at fault again?

Repugnant Toad said:
It would have been some header to find touch from his position!

He did exactly the right thing, you can't legislate for a finish like that Eagles provided.

or the fact el abd missed the chance to put it into touch after he headed out

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
whoever is not kuipers is rubbish though remember?

roberts, henderson, blayney - none of them a patch on the man who let in 4 for boston yesterday

huddersfieldseagull

Sep 29, 2005
this has nothing to do with kuipers i dont think he has been on his best form i liked robers and blayney the point im making is that he has cost us some vital points lately

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Henderson at fault again?

Silent Bob said:
You think we could've got another full international for £20k? ???

nothing to do with it. A left back, central midfield or attacker was a higher priority at the time. If Hendo was bought as an investment (for resale) fair enough, but at the time I hope we were still trying to avoid relegation.

What I'd like to see more of from Hendo next season is deflecting shots for a corner rather than them rebounding straight out to the opposition striker, there is a skill to this in how you angle your hands and I hope him and Keeley are doing work on it. The shot yesterday was angled across his body and I was hoping that would give him the chance to push it to safety, but it was not to be.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't think you can blame henderson, with that excuse for a defence i'm not surprised he gets the jitters ocasionally.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
How many dangerous situations no longer develop because the defence have the opportunity to ping the ball back at him from all angles and distances, rock solid in their confidence he will kick it cleanly?

How many games would we have been hammered in already but for some blinding reaction saves?

He has made one serious mistake since joining - against Plymouth. Yesterday's goal was a mess, but to single out the keeper on a wet, awkward day ike that is ridiculous.

As for Kuipers.. he's good.. but Roberts was better all round, and so is Henderson. The FDM fumbled his fair share of crosses, and sliced more kicks in a match than Henderson will in a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here