Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help with Extended Project

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Hi guys, I am a 17 year old currently attending BHASVIC sixth form college in Brighton. As part of my extended project I am assessing/evaluating the views of football fans and opera goers towards each other, and thus have devised a questionnaire to help me do so. I would be eternally grateful to anybody who took the time to complete this, it would massively aid the project of a fellow albion fan!!

Please select one answer for each question below

1) How often do you attend football?

a) I have been less than 10 times b) I go to 3/4 matches a season c) I attend more than 10 times a season d) I attend more than 20 times a season e) I attend every possible event

2) How much do you/would you enjoy attending a football match?

a) I love attending b) I enjoy attending c) I don’t mind attending d) I dislike attending e) I hate attending

3) How much do you/would you enjoy attending an opera or piece of classical music?

a) I love attending b) I enjoy attending c) I don’t mind attending d) I dislike attending e) I hate attending

4) Which age group do you think are most likely to attend a football match?

a) 5-18 b) 19-31 c) 32-47 d) 48-61 e) 62+

5) Which age group do you think are most likely to attend an opera?

6) Where do you stand on the tuition fees issue?

a) I have every sympathy with the students b) I have some sympathy with them c) I don’t really have an opinion on the matter d) I have little sympathy e) I have absolutely no sympathy

7) What do you think is the most important factor in whether or not people attend football matches?

a) Living close to the ground b) Whether their parents were/are into football c) Social class d) Knowing someone connected with the club e) Club initiatives (e.g. cheaper ticket prices)

8) Is the Albion’s rivalry with Crystal Palace important to you?
A) Very important b) Quite important c) Slightly more so than any other team d) Not too important e) I think of them as just another team

9) I enjoy attending football more than I enjoy attending opera/ classical music

a) Strongly agree b) Agree c) I enjoy attending both equally d) Disagree e) Strongly disagree

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Done

a) I have been less than 10 times b) I go to 3/4 matches a season c) I attend more than 10 times a season d) I attend more than 20 times a season e) I attend every possible event

a) I love attending (this season anyway!) b) I enjoy attending c) I don’t mind attending d) I dislike attending e) I hate attending

3) How much do you/would you enjoy attending an opera or piece of classical music?

a) I love attending b) I enjoy attending c) I don’t mind attending d) I dislike attending (never been so can't say for 100%, but doesn't appeal to me) e) I hate attending

a) 5-18 b) 19-31 c) 32-47 (bit of a guess) d) 48-61 e) 62+

a) I have every sympathy with the students b) I have some sympathy with them c) I don’t really have an opinion on the matter d) I have little sympathy e) I have absolutely no sympathy

7) What do you think is the most important factor in whether or not people attend football matches?

a) Living close to the ground b) Whether their parents were/are into football c) Social class d) Knowing someone connected with the club e) Club initiatives (e.g. cheaper ticket prices)

A) Very important b) Quite important c) Slightly more so than any other team d) Not too important e) I think of them as just another team

9) I enjoy attending football more than I enjoy attending opera/ classical music

a) Strongly agree b) Agree c) I enjoy attending both equally d) Disagree e) Strongly disagree

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

d

b

d

c

d

d

No answer, it's hard to answer that one!

c

a

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi guys, I am a 17 year old currently attending BHASVIC sixth form college in Brighton. As part of my extended project I am assessing/evaluating the views of football fans and opera goers towards each other, and thus have devised a questionnaire to help me do so. I would be eternally grateful to anybody who took the time to complete this, it would massively aid the project of a fellow albion fan!!

done

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

d

b

d

c

d

d

No answer, it's hard to answer that one!

c

a

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'll do it in a sec, but I think it needs a bit more detail.

For example, my father would choose the opera/ballet over football. He is going to be enjoy it as there are rave reviews of the performance, there are performers who will perform to their highest standard without fail. Going to Glyndebourne or the ENO is akin to watching Barcelona, knowing that they will won and win in style. Classical/opera is set to be a very high standard beforehand.

However, football is a different kettle of fish and there are far more variables in making it an enjoyable occasion. I can't say I really enjoyed myself on more than a 10 occasions in the last four or five years at Withdean (excluding this season).

Maybe it is worth delving deeper into what is important to make the occasion enjoyable.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I'll do it in a sec, but I think it needs a bit more detail.

For example, my father would choose the opera/ballet over football. He is going to be enjoy it as there are rave reviews of the performance, there are performers who will perform to their highest standard without fail. Going to Glyndebourne or the ENO is akin to watching Barcelona, knowing that they will won and win in style. Classical/opera is set to be a very high standard beforehand.

However, football is a different kettle of fish and there are far more variables in making it an enjoyable occasion. I can't say I really enjoyed myself on more than a 10 occasions in the last four or five years at Withdean (excluding this season).

Maybe it is worth delving deeper into what is important to make the occasion enjoyable.

I agree 100%, its very difficult to gauge which is more enjoyable as your almost guaranteed to enjoy the opera/ classical music you attend, whereas with football the result plays a big role in the occasion.

Unfortunately, I was told by my tutor that I had to include some data which was completely quantitative, and thus it is crucial the questionnaire is close- ended and does not include any emotive responses such as why one actually enjoys one more than the other, or whether it ones enjoyment differs each time.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Done.

I selected F (showing as a second D) for question 8 "What do you think is the most important factor in whether or not people attend opera or classical music?" as I dont think any of those points are the most important factor. I think it is down to whether you get personal enjoyment from them.

Good luck with the project.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Done

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Genuinely trying to be helpful but you ruined your credibility with questions 6 and 8 which have no bearing whatsoever.
Do you think more people would attend opera if it was cheaper to get in or if sung in English/had subtitles?Lots you could ask if you thought about it. Sorry mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here