Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help....entertaining a two year old

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From experience, he has the attention span of, er, a two year old, and much as I'm quite happy to play cars with him, unfortunately after approximately thirty seconds, his eye is inevitably drawn to the pretty lights and more importantly buttons of the DVD player, and I spend the next hour attempting to prevent him from electrocuting himself, or inserting and removing DVDs continuously. Hence I'm aiming to get out & about with him!

We've already been to some farm place on the A22, that was pretty good, but I was just trying to think of something new.

Failing that, as Phil says, I'll just lob him in a ball pit somewhere and jog off for a G&T* :thumbsup:

*that was a joke, please don't call Social Services :D

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
http://www.washbrooks.co.uk/

Nr Hurstpierpoint, maybe a little more suitable for 2-yr-olds than Drusillas, he'd be free I think, maybe £6 for adults.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
This looks a possibility, the website does say they cater for 1-3s, but doesn't say a lot else, or have any pictures. What's there?
Monkey Bizness Lewes, Monly Bizness' flagship centre offers three different play frames to accommodate different ages from 0-2’s, 2-5’s and 5-12’s and Sky television, free Wi-Fi access and a host of magazines to read on comfortable leather sofas for the parents, as well as a healthy restaurant for the whole family. Monkey Bizness Lewes also boasts the Comfyland Experience, which provides a unique educational play area for toddlers, exposing them to age appropriate activities in a dynamic and safe surrounding. With 3 themed corners, the senses corner, the music corner and the cognitive corner in a maze like structure, it provides a dynamic mental and physical voyage of investigation and explanation for children. Monkey Bizness Lewes also offers a variety of kids birthday party options - contact Monkey Bizness Lewes directly or visit the Monkey Bizness Lewes website for detail

and
Lewes Living Kids Review: Monkey Bizness

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My 18 month old grandson loves the Disney Junior Mal/Sin (asia) site-lots of video shorts and printable colour-in character pictures.Great for a rainy day.Good luck:thumbsup:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I live in Uckfield you could come visit me! Jaja I have to admit there is not much to do in Uckfield, there is fun abounds a kids trampoline place. Like someone said Blackberry farm isnt far nor the lavender line railway, sheffield park or the bluebell railway. Second thoughts take the boy to see the new stadium at falmer, get him started early with the albion.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Seaside, complete with swings and slides. Cheap and good fun, plenty of fresh air, and the little tyke will sleep like a dream when handed back, which always goes down well.

:thumbsup:

Barberkhan

Apr 27, 2009
Cuckfield
Make sure where ever you end up you call by Cuckfield Candy Store & More, it's a fantastic traditional sweet shop that also sells traditional wooden toys and lots more, well worth a trip out!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This looks a possibility, the website does say they cater for 1-3s, but doesn't say a lot else, or have any pictures. What's there?

My son loved Monkey Bizness when he was two - there's plenty for little kiddies to do there... and it's a lot cheaper than Drusillas.

I think someone said above that a two year old has a very short attention span. I wouldn't bother going to somewhere big and expensive - they can get just as much fun staying at home and playing with a cardboard box. What is most important is interaction with people, so playing hide-and-seek or sitting together with a few crayons and a piece of paper is all you need to do. If you really want to go out somewhere, they will be over-awed by going for a short bus ride and sitting on the top deck!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can legitimately watch Rastamouse.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
NSC, as ever, the solution to all life's dilemmas. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
PS I wish he was old enough for Harry Potter, as at least that would give me an excuse #dammit

Boltonlass

Jul 15, 2011
Make a den under a table or chairs with a travel rug and pegs. Get some plastic pots and imagine cooking on a campsite (and wooden spoons). Make an indian headdress out of a newspaper or make newspaper trees, paper hats out of the paper that you then float in the bath as boats....

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Take him to Gatwick.
You never know who you'll bump into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here