• Fiesta

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Mini

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Mito

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I need to replace my car in the next couple of months and decided that i would finally buy something small but nice and i can't decide!!

I have narrowed it down to the following:

Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6
Mini Cooper
Alpha Romeo Mito Veloce 1.4TB

The mini is by far the most expensive and is everywhere. The Fiesta is really nice, but needs add ons to get it to the spec of the Mito and therefore more expensive. The Mito is an Alpha and although the best looking, how many times can i afford to not be able to get to work.

Any comments would be appreciated! :shrug:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Never buy an Alfa, they deteriorate quicker than any other car. In price and condition.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a big car fan but the new Fiat 500 looks dead sexy.

Minis are expensive to buy for what they are, but hold their value very well.
If you can't decide, go for the one with the best fuel economy. Over the years, the duty escalator will turn into a lift as the Govt. tries to replace its bank bail out money and when the World recession is over, oil prices could rocket.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Never buy an Alfa, they deteriorate quicker than any other car. In price and condition.

Ever owned one? Bad residuals but general decent build quality these days. My R reg 146 is still storming along and rust free.

Mini simply isn't. It's actually quite a wide car. I wouldn't consider it.

Fiat 500 is a cracker and residuals look good so far.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
but its a Fiat, and will no doubt break down somewhere in the land of nowhere leaving you looking liek a pillock for buying one. Get the Ford. Cheap/ reliable

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

As the owner of more than 10 Alfas I can assure you that Doug is talking rubbish, quoting something that was true in the 70's and 80s. Ok the horrific 2nd hand price deterioration carried on until the Alfa 156 appeared. Alfas are as reliable as any other sporting car, if properly maintained. Recent small Alfas have held their price very well, try buying a cheap 147.

I'd go for the Mito but then I'm very biased..and maybe you don't want to put a smile on your face everytime you drive your car :lol:

edit, that's a bit harsh actually as I gather the new Fiesta and the Mini are also both a lot of fun

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As the owner of more than 10 Alfas I can assure you that Doug is talking rubbish, quoting something that was true in the 70's and 80s. Ok the horrific 2nd hand price deterioration carried on until the Alfa 156 appeared. Alfas are as reliable as any other sporting car, if properly maintained. Recent small Alfas have held their price very well, try buying a cheap 147.

I'd go for the Mito but then I'm very biased..

And are you a qualified mechanic?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And are you a qualified mechanic?

No but I know quite a bit about cars and I can maintain a car, and I doubt Alfa would offer a 3 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty on the Mito if the rubbish you are spouting is true. By the same token do you have to be a footballer to know if a player is any good?

fyi, no galvanised cars deteriorate quickly either.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
No but I know quite a bit about cars and I can maintain a car, and I doubt Alfa would offer a 3 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty on the Mito if the rubbish you are spouting is true. By the same token do you have to be a footballer to know if a player is any good?

Well Adam's was a ex-player and a manager and he wasn't sure about some of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here