Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Mito

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One downside of Alfas that you should consider is the dealer network, there are not that many in comparison to Ford and BMW and the after sales service in some can border on arrogant and quite shit.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No but I know quite a bit about cars and I can maintain a car, and I doubt Alfa would offer a 3 year UNLIMITED mileage warranty on the Mito if the rubbish you are spouting is true. By the same token do you have to be a footballer to know if a player is any good?

fyi, no galvanised cars deteriorate quickly either.

Just because somebody disagrees with your blind loyalty, there is no need to say they are spouting rubbish. I am a qualified mechanic with several years experience working with Alfa's. Although the build quality has improved in recent years, they are still behind a lot of other leading models. And only last month I saw an article in a magazine which clearly showed that he Alfa loses resale price by more than any other car in it's price range. Good day to you sir.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just because somebody disagrees with your blind loyalty, there is no need to say they are spouting rubbish. I am a qualified mechanic with several years experience working with Alfa's. Although the build quality has improved in recent years, they are still behind a lot of other leading models. And only last month I saw an article in a magazine which clearly showed that he Alfa loses resale price by more than any other car in it's price range. Good day to you sir.

Don't be so totally dismissive if you don't want a reaction. If you are a mechanic you should know better than to slag off a complete marque in such a derogatory way. Good day to you too.

Also I believe Alfas diesels are class leading according to those in the know and the pre GM Alfa V6 is recognised as arguably one the best engines in a production car.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Btw do I get some sort of award for goading you into a reply that goes beyond a one liner :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
56_fiat500.png

I'm even thinking of buying the wife one !

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
but its a Fiat, and will no doubt break down somewhere in the land of nowhere leaving you looking liek a pillock for buying one. Get the Ford. Cheap/ reliable

A bloke at work had an Alfa, which was always breaking down in the most peculiar places, the worst being at the entrance to a multi storey blocking the way for everyone else who was trying to get out.

I thought Fiat stood for "Fix it again Tony". I have had two Fiestas and neither has let me down.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd get a Citroen, and have a decent holiday with the change.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
alfa, i had a 156 and had no problems with it at all.

they do loose money though, but are nice well built cars

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here