Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello, Im new here...and a JCL!!! Eeeek!

jenpil

Apr 19, 2012
Kent
Hello. I'm a new supporter for this season, a 'Johnny Come Lately'.

One Sunday morning in August last year, I found a Brighton & Hove Albion flag in a field I was walking across in Eridge. (I had left the Playgroup Festival, and think the flag must've blown off someone's car/ tent during the night.) The flag was as new, and didn't have any sheep shit on it, so I picked it up and took it back home to Maidstone with me. Maybe it was a sign? Either way, Brighton & Hove Albion are now one of my hobbies.

I've been to see them 4 times at the Amex this season. Seagull Travel run a matchday coach from Maidstone which is great.

Also, I think the Amex is wonderful. When I go to see a football match, I want to sit in relative comfort in nice surroundings and pleasant atmosphere. I don't want to sit in a dilapidated stadium with hooligans that has an old shed for a stand and portaloos in the corner.

I had never been to a professional football match before my first Brighton game (vs. Peterborough) last August.

At some point, I plan to bring my brother, Dad and even my Mum to The Amex to see a match.

So, that's my story of how I became a supporter....I found a flag in a field, man!

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Karma.

The Albion picked YOU, and long may you stick around.

Coach from Maidstone you say. How long does it take, and what is the cost?

Karma.

The Albion picked YOU, and long may you stick around.

Coach from Maidstone you say. How long does it take, and what is the cost?

Seagull Travel run it - it cost £245 for this season although for renewals for next season it is £241 up to 21 May - not sure about new customers but they say they are trying to encourage people from farther afield hence the price drop. For Saturday matches leaves Maidstone at 12 and normally back around 7. Midweek leaves at 4.50 and back around 11.30. Not sure on individual match prices but is very competitive and convenient. The only downside is that you have no flexibility in terms of staying for a drink etc. You can find the details on their web-site. I have used it for 20 matches this season at it has been very reliable although some further work still needs to be done on pick up times to save delays at various points.

PS Great story about how the OP became involved.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Supporting the Albion isn't a hobby. It's a way of life.

Bloody JCLs can't even get that right.

BTW, welcome.

D

Deleted member 22389

One Sunday morning in August last year, I found a Brighton & Hove Albion flag in a field I was walking across in Eridge. (I had left the Playgroup Festival, and think the flag must've blown off someone's car/ tent during the night.) The flag was as new, and didn't have any sheep shit on it, so I picked it up and took it back home to Maidstone with me. Maybe it was a sign? Either way, Brighton & Hove Albion are now one of my hobbies.

I've been to see them 4 times at the Amex this season. Seagull Travel run a matchday coach from Maidstone which is great.

Also, I think the Amex is wonderful. When I go to see a football match, I want to sit in relative comfort in nice surroundings and pleasant atmosphere. I don't want to sit in a dilapidated stadium with hooligans that has an old shed for a stand and portaloos in the corner.

I had never been to a professional football match before my first Brighton game (vs. Peterborough) last August.

At some point, I plan to bring my brother, Dad and even my Mum to The Amex to see a match.

So, that's my story of how I became a supporter....I found a flag in a field, man!

If you promise us you are not a Palace supporter winding us up, can I welcome you to the Albion.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

Very similar story to myself,i found a used condom walking across a field once,it wasn't covered in cow shit so i joined a rubber fettish club!
Got to try harder not a good cover story jenpil.BAN HIM!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well if that checks out then, wow, what an amazing bit of fortune, pretty neat to find the Albion flag when we're on the up!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There was a time when we had two outstanding players from Maidstone (Mark Gall and Mark Beeney). Could you find us a striker and a goalkeeper as good as them from around your way? We need 'em for our promotion push next season.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

What were you banned for:D

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Welcome aboard, hold tight, hold tight, scream if u want to go faster

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
There is clearly a lesson here isn't there? Now, we've all got flags from the first day at the Amex and the Fatboy Slim ones. Maybe we should plant them all in random fields around the country and soon we'll have a whole army of new supporters.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Respect for the mere fact you had been to the Playgroup Festival.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
Palarse written all over it. Posting at 3am. Probably got locked out of his hostel so was posting via his stolen iphone after downing a few White Lightnings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here