Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton friends. Blackpool weekend.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Any chance some of you could try to sound a bit more pompous and arrogant? :bla:
We are not sounding self important enough.:facepalm:

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
My god, what a stuck up your own a**e load of replies.

Utter snobs some of you. Better than everyone are you?

We already have booked our hotel room I said that twice on this thread (thanks for hotel advice anyway).

So I came in peace not for a row and got loads of abuse about my town.

As for not being travellers, what a p**** of the highest order.
Obviously last season we were premier league and sold out most away games, but we have a fantastic reputation for travelling in numbers, just ask any fan of any London team (except Dagenham who we have never played).

Brighton is around 300 miles or more from Blackpool, a 6 or 7 hour drive. Last time we played at your Royal superior city, it was live on sky tv and we were mid table in the 3rd division at the time. Won't mention our other visits to yours over the decades as the cyber warriors will be out.

Anyway, very funny sending us to gay bars, can't stop laughing at that.

You all know what I look like (pic on profile) we are coming down to watch the football, have a few beers and meet friendly locals, take loads of pics of the superior town mentioned and generally pass on our northern warmth and friendliness around (you're mostly to snobby to understand what being nice to strangers means).

Very disappointed in some replies.

Up the Pool!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

We already have booked our hotel room I said that twice on this thread (thanks for hotel advice anyway).

Obviously last season we were premier league and sold out most away games, but we have a fantastic reputation for travelling in numbers, just ask any fan of any London team (except Dagenham who we have never played).

Brighton is around 300 miles or more from Blackpool, a 6 or 7 hour drive. Last time we played at your Royal superior city, it was live on sky tv and we were mid table in the 3rd division at the time. Won't mention our other visits to yours over the decades as the cyber warriors will be out.

You all know what I look like (pic on profile) we are coming down to watch the football, have a few beers and meet friendly locals, take loads of pics of the superior town mentioned and generally pass on our northern warmth and friendliness around (you're mostly to snobby to understand what being nice to strangers means).

Up the Pool!

Take no notice of some of the replies, there will be a 20000 plus crowd and the vast majority will be very welcoming to you all.
Do not let a few juvenile comments give a wrong impression of us all.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Kemp town is only where the majority of gay bars are......the b & B's there are perfectly fine (If you can get one). Probably a 5 to 10 min walk into the centre of town.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing

Up the Pool!

Unfortunatly we have an element of fans who think because we have a shiny new stadium & strong financial backing that we're Johnny big bollocks all of a sudden.
Best thing to do fella is ignore them hope your mates get some decent accomodation :thumbsup:

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005

Up the Pool!

Apologies for some of the stupid replies. You will find most fans are friendly and happy to have a chat. Every club has a few idiots and you've been unlucky enough to come across some of ours. Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy the Amex......but not the result obviously. Gus and Ian Holloway should make for a good press conference!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

Up the Pool!

Dont for one minute think anyone is trying to come across as arrogant but the fact is you may well struggle to get a Hotel in Brighton. Seriously, for those struggling get them to try Worthing but be aware there is an Airshow on that Weekend and gets busy in that area. Majority of Brighton and its fans wil welcome Blackpool and its fans..just enjoy the weekend!!

Jan 30, 2008
my god, what a stuck up your own a**e load of replies.

We already have booked our hotel room i said that twice on this thread (thanks for hotel advice anyway).

So i came in peace not for a row and got loads of abuse about my town.

Obviously last season we were premier league and sold out most away games, but we have a fantastic reputation for travelling in numbers, just ask any fan of any london team (except dagenham who we have never played).

Brighton is around 300 miles or more from blackpool, a 6 or 7 hour drive. Last time we played at your royal superior city, it was live on sky tv and we were mid table in the 3rd division at the time. Won't mention our other visits to yours over the decades as the cyber warriors will be out.

You all know what i look like (pic on profile) we are coming down to watch the football, have a few beers and meet friendly locals, take loads of pics of the superior town mentioned and generally pass on our northern warmth and friendliness around (you're mostly to snobby to understand what being nice to strangers means).

Up the pool!
that's dissapointing me old mucker GET YOUR HEAD DOWN FOR A TANGERINE DREAM :cheers:

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
No one is reading my statement.
WE ALREADY HAVE BOOKED OUR HOTEL THANK YOU EVERYONE.
We booked the hotel a few days after the fixtures came out. Four times I mentioned this.

Thanks the last couple of posters, I'll ignore them and look forward to meeting loads of Brighton fans for beer and pass stories.

Would like to know how it's been since that York City pitch invasion etc...

Funny thing is, 2 seasons back, we played Newcastle away and completely sold our 2600 allocation to STH's. We could of doubled that according to our club and local gazette.
Like I did with your club, I signed up to Newcastle's message board a couple of weeks before the game and the replies were similar to these (except the snobbery)
When we got to Newcastle, we had an absolutely brilliant weekend. Zero trouble and all we got was Geordies being overwhelmingly friendly and welcoming to us. it was like it was their duty to welcome away fans.
Maybe that is just a northern thing?

Anyway, we'd be happy to meet up with anyone from Brighton for a beer, take advise and maybe a littel pre-match result bet?

Up the Pool!

Up the Pool!
Cheeky!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
If you are looking to push the boat out a little bit and keeping the lady sweet about dedicating a whole weekend away to footie, you can't go far wrong with the Wingrove House hotel in the village of Alfriston.

Not cheap but lovely little boutique hotel in a lovely little village with plenty of nice little pubs and crucially about 15 mins drive to the Amex stadium

Also in Alfriston, and not that cheap, is The George Hotel which is a lovely old pub and the landlord is a season ticket holder. We stayed there in June and the food is quite superb. http://thegeorge-alfriston.com/

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Some of the posters on here are so far up their own backsides it's unbelievable.

Maybe Brighton and Blackpool are very different, however the level of snobbery from some is unreal.

My mother's family are all from Whitehawk, I guess you look down your 'London by the sea' noses at them too.

As far as Band Bs are concerned, check pout TripAdvisor's Brighton forum, you'll get a lot more sensible replies on there.

Have a good trip, I have always liked Holloway (after all he gave us Bobby Z) a real football person.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Best advice I can give is Eastbourne. Loads of hotels and B+B's and a simple half hour train journey to Falmer with no changes required unlike Worthing and Gatwick etc.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
WE ALREADY HAVE BOOKED OUR HOTEL!
Thanks very much for the hotel advice, but
WE PAID FOR OUR HOTEL A FEW DAYS AFTER THE FIXTURES CAME OUT!
I'd put this link on our messageboard, but it will only attract our cyber idiots.

Will post again nearer the match, so thanks again folks.

P.S. If you read my threads (about 5 on here now) we have already booked our hotel, but a lot of Blackpool fans are still looking.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Thanks very much for the hotel advice, but
WE PAID FOR OUR HOTEL A FEW DAYS AFTER THE FIXTURES CAME OUT!
I'd put this link on our messageboard, but it will only attract our cyber idiots.

Will post again nearer the match, so thanks again folks.

P.S. If you read my threads (about 5 on here now) we have already booked our hotel, but a lot of Blackpool fans are still looking.

Do you think you may be getting advice for those still looking? ?

D

Deleted member 18477

No one is being snobby. We are just being realistic about prices and limited accommodation. You gotta be a retard to not know Brighton is packed in august and will cost a bomb per night compared to other city's in the country due to it's transport links and location. Any arrogance is just banter so take a chill pill or go put a tampon in or something.

Jan 30, 2008
No one is reading my statement.
WE ALREADY HAVE BOOKED OUR HOTEL THANK YOU EVERYONE.
We booked the hotel a few days after the fixtures came out. Four times I mentioned this.

Thanks the last couple of posters, I'll ignore them and look forward to meeting loads of Brighton fans for beer and pass stories.

Would like to know how it's been since that York City pitch invasion etc...

Funny thing is, 2 seasons back, we played Newcastle away and completely sold our 2600 allocation to STH's. We could of doubled that according to our club and local gazette.
Like I did with your club, I signed up to Newcastle's message board a couple of weeks before the game and the replies were similar to these (except the snobbery)
When we got to Newcastle, we had an absolutely brilliant weekend. Zero trouble and all we got was Geordies being overwhelmingly friendly and welcoming to us. it was like it was their duty to welcome away fans.
Maybe that is just a northern thing?

Anyway, we'd be happy to meet up with anyone from Brighton for a beer, take advise and maybe a littel pre-match result bet?

Up the Pool!
you're sounding like Billy no mates with every post , must be grim up north ???

DanielT

Blackpool were a breath of fresh air to the premier league last season. The way you played, the fans, Ian Holloway's press conferences... very entertaining!

Enjoy your weekend in Brighton, and I don't think there will be much in the way of segregation so it'd be nice to share a beer with you lot after the game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here