Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton friends. Blackpool weekend.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we have probably quadruple the amount of rooms available here in Britain's number 0ne resort
:)
most are b&b's close to the sea, cheap and cheerful.
We have 4 travelodges now from £19 a night (£29 weekend)
The problem is that house prices/land is a lot more expensive down south so, like for like, B&Bs and hotels are a lot more expensive here.
Anyway, thanks for the advice, Kemp street was mentioned a few times, so if that's where Brighton fans go, we'll head there.
If you mean Kemp town, that's the trendy (read gay) part of Brighton. It's nice enough to stay there, but if someone here recommended it, they were teasing.

DanielT

Anyway, thanks for the advice, Kemp street was mentioned a few times, so if that's where Brighton fans go, we'll head there.

Anyone know how many Doncaster fans were there Saturday?

I'm going to be nice and let you know that Kemp Town was not a serious suggestion for you to find a place stay.

I think Doncaster brought around 1600 - whether that was all they could have brought is debatable, some fans were posting to say they club wasn't given as many tickets as requested.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If you are looking to push the boat out a little bit and keeping the lady sweet about dedicating a whole weekend away to footie, you can't go far wrong with the Wingrove House hotel in the village of Alfriston.

Not cheap but lovely little boutique hotel in a lovely little village with plenty of nice little pubs and crucially about 15 mins drive to the Amex stadium

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hello again.

First of all, we booked our rooms the day after the fixtures were announced, but loads of people are struggling to get accomodation, especially under £70 a night.
As mentioned, we have probably quadruple the amount of rooms available here in Britain's number 0ne resort and most are b&b's close to the sea, cheap and cheerful.
We have 4 travelodges now from £19 a night (£29 weekend) and our top hotels like Hilton, Imperial etc are similar prices to your back street B&B's.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'm 'ere all week. Try the fish...

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
May I suggest Bexhill on Sea just a bit further than Eastbourne, but a quiet town and more likely to have some vacancies. Sussex Hotel (formally The York) and cleaned up by new owners, Park Lodge, Dunselma, Buenos Aires, and many more just Google "Accommodation in Bexhill".
Hope you have a very pleasant trip, except for the result that is!!!!!:albion2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hello again folks.

Our tickets went on sale Monday to STH's of 5 years or more. Around 400 sold by Tuesday night, but not on sale to 4 year STH's just yet, so I expect we should sell out easily for this fixture.

Unfortunately, the Brighton accomodation is very limited. We thought you were a major seaside resort, but hundreds of Blackpool fans are struggling for rooms including families and large groups.
Some groups are even staying in student digs, caravan parks, or having to stay in other towns.

Is there some big event this weekend, or something, because there seems to be a hell of a lot of full hotels this weekend against Blackpool.

Anyway, good start for the two Seaside towns and really looking forward to our trip.
Anyone want a pint bet on our result?

Name your pub and cheers in advance.

Bri. Up the Pool!

Brighton hasn't considered itself a seaside resort for many years and cheap board and lodging is very hard to find. In fact there are very few boarding houses unlike Blackpool. The problem is that the people who traditionally used to go on holiday to Brighton, Southend, Margate and so on are much more likely to go abroad. They get the weather and it's often cheaper. No shortage of very expensive hotels mind you !

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Definitely try Worthing or Eastbourne.

Brighton is very expensive at the best of times, even in winter, and especially at weekends.

You can get trains direct from Eastbourne to Falmer, and from Worthing you can get the train into Brighton and then on to Falmer.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gey yourself to Worthing,Smashing place(honestly despite the grilling i will get now)..............then a 30 minute train ride.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Blackpool isn't as cheap as the op is making out. My sister was in hospital there (had problem with pregnancy whilst on holiday) so I had to go and pick her up. I wasn't about to do a 600 mile round trip, so booked into one of the b&b's and that was £60 for the night. Brighton has always been notorious for not having many rooms during summer.

Goldie0

Jul 16, 2011
Have you tried The Downs Hotel in Woodingdean? Passed it a few times but cannot say that I have any experience of the place, just copied this from their website: Rates
Single shared facilities from £30
Single annexe from £40
Twin shared facilities from £60
Double or twin ensuite from £70
4 poster ensuite from £80
Triple ensuite from £90 (1 Double + 1 Single)
Quad ensuite from £120 (1 Double + 2 Singles)
I think they also run a minibus to the Amex on match days.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Blackpool bring 2600 odd is laughable and i will be shocked if that is the case,never been big travellers have they.

I reckon the hype of old trafford and the emirates has gone to some heads up there,what was there average last time in the championship/promotion season?:)

1200?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Yes we all go to Kemp Town all the time (shhh! Don't tell him!) Seriously getting cheap rooms in Brighton in August is very difficult. So only options are spend big or go further afield (Worthing prob best) but Brighton is definitely the place for pre-match drinking and nightlife. Loads of good pubs but pre-match stick by the Station and don't leave it too long before you set off for the Amex.

Hello again.

First of all, we booked our rooms the day after the fixtures were announced, but loads of people are struggling to get accomodation, especially under £70 a night.
As mentioned, we have probably quadruple the amount of rooms available here in Britain's number 0ne resort and most are b&b's close to the sea, cheap and cheerful.
We have 4 travelodges now from £19 a night (£29 weekend) and our top hotels like Hilton, Imperial etc are similar prices to your back street B&B's.

Anyone know how many Doncaster fans were there Saturday?
OOhh goody, a willy waving contest,
Well our back street B+Bs are probably comparable to your 5* hotels so nerr!
And I went to Blackpool once and ended up with the clap from a local strumpet so double nerr!
And We don't put gravy on our chips(dirty bastards)check f***ing mate,Mate.:kiss::drink:

D

Deleted member 18477

Brighton is the rich mans Blackpool my friend. So whatever price you get in Blackpool your have to treble that at least! If I lived in Blackpool doing my current job I'd be f***ing loaded! But I'd rather live down south and be middle-class. That's just how England is and that's life as they say! Wouldn't swap living in between Brighton and London for anything else UK based!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Brighton Hotels - Book well ahead!!!

Better off trying outside Brighton further to previous replies

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
OH DEAR....Forgot Airshow on in Shoreham, that is likely to be sold out too....policing nightmare weekend! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here