Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton friends. Blackpool weekend.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Hello again folks.

Our tickets went on sale Monday to STH's of 5 years or more. Around 400 sold by Tuesday night, but not on sale to 4 year STH's just yet, so I expect we should sell out easily for this fixture.

Unfortunately, the Brighton accomodation is very limited. We thought you were a major seaside resort, but hundreds of Blackpool fans are struggling for rooms including families and large groups.
Some groups are even staying in student digs, caravan parks, or having to stay in other towns.

Is there some big event this weekend, or something, because there seems to be a hell of a lot of full hotels this weekend against Blackpool.

Anyway, good start for the two Seaside towns and really looking forward to our trip.
Anyone want a pint bet on our result?

Name your pub and cheers in advance.

Bri. Up the Pool!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes gay pride is on.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
this is brighton and its the summer,always very busy,try further afield like worthing bognor etc

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Might be packed as there are a lot of tourists here in the summer but if people try places like Seaford which is a train journey from the amex they have a few hotels and lewes

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Unfortunately, the Brighton accomodation is very limited. We thought you were a major seaside resort

Er, that's why they're all full I'm afraid mate. There are something like 600 hotels and B&Bs and they're all pretty much full every weekend (and often in the week too) throughout the year. You have to book bloody early to get in anywhere. It's as far removed from from Blackpool as you can imagine (according to my girlfriend, whose family are from Blackpool).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Thought Gillingham support was pretty good for a 1st round cup game and while I couldn't make out a single word they seemed a top bunch, and impressively drunk the ones I met before the match.

and I just posted this reply to the wrong thread...

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] I didn't mean they'll be empty, just wondering if our Blackpool friend is getting his weekends mixed up.

I'm assuming you guys will sell out the whole away end - which will be a 1st.

Below is copied from Blackpool website......

Brighton Away
Dates of Sale

Season Ticket Holders 5years +
Friday 5th August
Season Ticket Holders 4years +
Tuesday 9th August
Season Ticket Holders 3years +
Wednesday 10th August
Season Ticket Holders 2years +
Thursday 11th August
Season Ticket Holders 1year +
Friday 12th August
Members
Monday 15th August
General Sale
Tuesday 16th August

squiggsy68

Feb 23, 2009
As people above have said Brighton is busy all year round - and in the summer months many places won't take bookings of just one night. Have you tried making bookings of Fri / Sat or Sat / Sun nights rather than just Saturday only?

Bear in mind how close we are to London as well, so we get an awful lot of visitors from there, whereas (with respect) Blackpool is a bit more isolated and tends to get a different crowd.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You could always pitch a tent in Stanmer Park, only 5 mins walk from the ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here