Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton fans

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Best of luck with your team Arthur. Hope your club stays afloat. I'm amazed this has happened though. Surely with Sale RFC sharing your facilities I'd have thought some of your costs were far less than other clubs at this level, yet you're in trouble.

Cheers for the local insight. I intend to be in Brighton early doors and soak up the atmosphere.
Come on Brighton, I think we need a great end of season footballing party by the coast to
cheer us up.

Simster wrote
Best of luck with your team Arthur. Hope your club stays afloat. I'm amazed this has happened though.
Surely with Sale RFC sharing your facilities I'd have thought some of your costs were far less than other
clubs at this level, yet you're in trouble.

No favours from the rugby. We lost ownership of our ground and almost our football league status.
Then it would appear we were actually left with just the name of Stockport County in a big dirty
black hole with people in control that seemed to rob Peter to pay Paul to pay John to pay Dave
and then panicked and put some ear muffs, a blindfold and mouth gag on and started digging deeper,
only stopping occasionally to take the mouth gag off and say "Yep everything's fine. No problems.
Yep Jim, buy that player no problem and buy him as well, we can afford it. Oh let's negotiate away
all our revenue streams to Sales Sharks, that will keep the wolves from the door. Let's take a loan
out but don't tell anyone." Extremely sad. And that's without mentioning the campaign to raise
money to buy the ground back on the promise that it will only be spent on a mortgage. Where's that
gone. It's certainly not in Stockport's bank account. Now that would appear to be criminal.

Regarding the fairness of the ten point deduction being applied this season. That was a surprise to me.
I expected to start next season on at least minus ten. Every case seems to be different! We never sought
administration and we were actually forced into it by David Farms Ltd. Sadly, it would appear our new
chief executive Sean Connolly was only hours from securing agreement to help us claim out of the messy
hole previous people had dug. Now that is frustrating. All we can do is hope that it's not too deep.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/stockport_county/s/1113001_ray_of_hope_for_county

Last edited:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Hope thing get sorted out for next season , Arthur.

Just as a matter of interest, I am guessing that a fair proportion of Stockport's finest would rather head into Manchester for their footie than support their local team? Certainly happens down here where you see more glory hunters supporting London teams than the only Sussex league club.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Depressed Stockport fan seeking solace in a friendly Brighton pub,
walking distance from your ground. I aim to draw inspiration from Brighton
fans that despite our predicament, all is not lost. Although I fear that
tomorrow, we may be supporting County for a final time.

The Sportsman, The Preston Brewery Tap, The Station or
The Crown and Anchor. Which one would you recommend?

BTW Good luck. It would be nice to see some footballing joy tomorrow.

Be sure to bring your Binoculars with you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They away view is quite simply the WORST view of any stand of any club in the World. In fact its a piss take. I am sure you will enjoy mingling with the BHAFC in the stand though.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Come on down & join us Albion miserablists in The Preston Brewery Tap. You'll get served quickly too - as most people go elsewhere (& quickly)!

Keep your chin up btw. I'm sure your lot will sort themselves out before next season. :thumbsup:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
dont creep arthur, we not gonna feel sorry for you and tank you up with gallons of :drink::p

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
its the crown & anchor in london road mate, good food and beer, great atmosphere no trouble, 15 mins walk from ground or free bus ride 2 mins. mine`s a carling.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still have a signed SC programme circa 2002 for the REMf if you want to make me an offer. I think the highest bid we got at the time was £ 2.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Don't bother with the Sportsman.

I'd say either go to The Station (10min walk from the "stadium"), but expect it to be busy, and full of Albion fans, or The Railway, (next to Brighton station - 5 mins journey to Preston Park station), which always seems to have a handful of pleasant away fans.

I take it you mean the Railway Bell - worst pub for miles around... Go to the battle of trafalgar, just turn right up the hill as you come out of Brighton station and it's on your right.:drink:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cheers for the local insight. I intend to be in Brighton early doors and soak up the atmosphere.
Come on Brighton, I think we need a great end of season footballing party by the coast to
cheer us up.

In that case, go to one of the following pubs near Brighton Station, much better than the shit in Preston:

Battle of Trafalgar
Evening Star
Lord Nelson
Great Eastern
Basketmakers.

You'll be welcome anywhere.:thumbsup:

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Lots of great advice about where to go, and so far so good....... but where should he definately avoid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here