Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello Brighton fans

Depressed Stockport fan seeking solace in a friendly Brighton pub,
walking distance from your ground. I aim to draw inspiration from Brighton
fans that despite our predicament, all is not lost. Although I fear that
tomorrow, we may be supporting County for a final time.

The Sportsman, The Preston Brewery Tap, The Station or
The Crown and Anchor. Which one would you recommend?

BTW Good luck. It would be nice to see some footballing joy tomorrow.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Don't bother with the Sportsman.

I'd say either go to The Station (10min walk from the "stadium"), but expect it to be busy, and full of Albion fans, or The Railway, (next to Brighton station - 5 mins journey to Preston Park station), which always seems to have a handful of pleasant away fans.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Sportsmans good if you want a cheap carvery before the match.

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Oh, and I think I speak for everyone in saying we all hope this won't be your last day supporting County.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sportsman is dog shit

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Pretty much wherever you go will be pretty rammed tbh, theres not really anywhere where away fans should avoid..

Most of aways do tend to go to the Sportsman so head there if you don't mind an hour wait for a bevvy.

Sad whats going on at County.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the carvery is ace but beware those bobble hat hater brighton hoolies they will do ya for a extra potato
[yt]lvhS-llbicM&feature=related[/yt]

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Depressed Stockport fan seeking solace in a friendly Brighton pub,
walking distance from your ground. I aim to draw inspiration from Brighton
fans that despite our predicament, all is not lost. Although I fear that
tomorrow, we may be supporting County for a final time.

The Sportsman, The Preston Brewery Tap, The Station or
The Crown and Anchor. Which one would you recommend?

BTW Good luck. It would be nice to see some footballing joy tomorrow.

Why not do the decent thing and swap your ticket with me for my long term arrangements, you can even borrow my car on the condition that you take my family to my nephew's engagement party and then pop into Ikea to buy my really flippin important wardrobe :censored:. What say you sir?

Sad news about County.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As has been said, the sportsman is turd. I'd go for the C&A or brewery tap, they're both pissing distance from each other so if you don't like the look of one....
There's always the hotel just up the road towards the ground as well.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Hi Arthur ... Avoid the Spotsman if you can, a souless chain pub with awful beer and even worse service (we've been playing next door to it for years now and they still haven't worked out that a few extra staff might be useful on a matchday lunchtime!).

All the other ones that you mention are pretty good ... they will al be full of Brighton fans but as far as I am aware Away fans are usually welcome. I tend to drink in The Station where they seemingly encourage their Barmaids to have low cut tops ... :thumbsup:

I hope your visit tomorrow isn't a successful one on the pitch but best of luck with your off the pitch troubles. :cheers:

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Hi Arthur ... Avoid the Spotsman if you can, a souless chain pub with awful beer and even worse service (we've been playing next door to it for years now and they still haven't worked out that a few extra staff might be useful on a matchday lunchtime!).

All the other ones that you mention are pretty good ... they will al be full of Brighton fans but as far as I am aware Away fans are usually welcome. I tend to drink in The Station where they seemingly encourage their Barmaids to have low cut tops ... :thumbsup:

I hope your visit tomorrow isn't a successful one on the pitch but best of luck with your off the pitch troubles. :cheers:

well said mate..and whats more unless your in there by 12 your waste precious drinking time stuck in a queue till 2.57...:shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty much wherever you go will be pretty rammed tbh, theres not really anywhere where away fans should avoid..

Hiker's Rest?

I reckon that any of the pubs near Preston Park station would be all right - and, as others have said, the Sportsman is toilet.

And like the rest of us, i can only wish you good luck in your struggles and sincerely hope it's not the last time following County.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here