Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Heat emergency declared in England

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Surprisingly, I slept quite well. However this morning is a lot more humid than yesterday. Just returned from taking the dog for an early morning run. Temperatures about the same as yesterday (according to the BBC website) but feels a lot warmer already.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just started peeing down in Truro, though I think the north coast might get most of it. Smells lovely!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1549345259016142848[/tweet]

Record went before midday. This is nuts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
38 C on the North East Derbyshire / South Yorkshire border :flameboun

Edit: 34 C in my 'home office' :ffsparr:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
36c today at Sheerwater Woking . Tying mesh and concreting ,it actually wasn't too bad.

Mesh and concrete, that's what Woking should be renamed. Horrid place but unfortunately our HQ for work

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just moved a zoom call as have been instructed to buy a bigger pool, on route to Smyth Toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Decent wifi and a nice shady tree in the garden is making working from home a but more bearable this afternoon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
London Fire Brigade have declared a state of emergency. There is a grass fire in Upminster with 35 fire engines, 175 firefighters with three hectares of a cornfield and scrubland ablaze and smoke blowing over the M25.

Kent firefighters are fighting a large grass fire at Dartford Heath right by the A2.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
London Fire Brigade have declared a state of emergency. There is a grass fire in Upminster with 35 fire engines, 175 firefighters with three hectares of a cornfield and scrubland ablaze and smoke blowing over the M25.

Deleted my post as in light of just how serious things are becoming for people, I feel it was a poor attempt at humour that isn't appropriate.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here