Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Heat emergency declared in England

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Military is run by snowflakes. Brize Norton closed for flights as runway has melted.

But yeah. We should just crack on and live our normal lives for two days.

Coooor didn’t happen in 1976 ! They just got on with it

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The frickin Black Arrows are as bad as Herr T in destroying the planet, although even their footprint is apparently less than HT’s! #Who knew?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Been a perfectly pleasant, warm, summer’s day.

To be fair, tomorrow looks like it’s going to be a bit hotter.

We're ok down near the coast. Even here in Patcham, I think it is a couple of degrees hotter than by the sea. Obviously it will have been a fair bit hotter still further inland - 35-36 degrees.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We're ok down near the coast. Even here in Patcham, I think it is a couple of degrees hotter than by the sea. Obviously it will have been a fair bit hotter still further inland - 35-36 degrees.

Yes, I’m being a bit facetious but you’re right. There’s no denying it has been a vey hot day. Genuinely hope people have been okay and been able to keep comfortable. I’m in a north facing flat, next to the sea with a shady back garden so I can’t complain. I saw a chap, 40 feet up in a glass crane cab on a building site this morning, I imagine that was bit uncomfortable!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes, I’m being a bit facetious but you’re right. There’s no denying it has been a vey hot day. Genuinely hope people have been okay and been able to keep comfortable. I’m in a north facing flat, next to the sea with a shady back garden so I can’t complain. I saw a chap, 40 feet up in a glass crane cab on a building site this morning, I imagine that was bit uncomfortable!

Bet the cab has air cond. Yes it’s a hot sunny day like you get in the summer

larus

No you are a ****ing idiot who’s grasps of physics and chemistry appears to be very limited. Interestingly much of the physics and chemistry used by environmental scientist is the same physics and chemistry that allows you to access the internet on your phone or PC. Physics and chemistry doesn’t allow you to pick and choose based on personal opinion, it doesn’t give two ****s for what you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As you want to talk about physics of climate change, why don’t you listen to William Happer, Professor of Physics, Emeritus, at Princeton University, so hardly what you would call an illiterate. No doubt he’ll be accused of being big oil, as anyone does who questions the dogma.

The 97% of scientists figure is garbage. That figure came from an analysis carried out by John Cook of published scientific papers, taking the synopsis and determining if they related to climate change. It’s been proven to be garbage as stats can be used to prove/manipulate many things. Then he was very selective in his data and by using sub-sets of sub-sets he arrived at this figure. Just because idiots repeat it constantly doesn’t make if factual. Science is never settled and whenever you hear that, the reason they are saying that is to shutdown debate,

This work did not ask the scientists their opinion, nor did it determine if CO2 was beneficial to the planet, nor if a warming planet was beneficial.
Also, more people die every year from cold than hot - you may not like it, it may not agree with the agenda, but it’s a fact.

https://youtu.be/u-KZhkxRf3A

larus

Whose agenda possibly believes the cold doesn't kill people?

The point is a warmer world with more CO2, aka plant food, is not universally accepted as a bad thing. Life thrives in the warm and less so in colder conditions. The planet has greened with more CO2 and crop yields have increased.

Wildfires have increased in places like Australia and California as the greens have stopped controlled burns being carried out to clear the build up of tinder which, when the fires come, just makes them worse. The whole subject is more more complicated than is portrayed, and the projections from the environmentalists in regards arctic sea ice being gone by 2012, more hurricanes etc constantly are proven to be wrong.

Anyway, I’m staying out of this now, but watch the video and then say that guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As you want to talk about physics of climate change, why don’t you listen to William Happer, Professor of Physics, Emeritus, at Princeton University, so hardly what you would call an illiterate. No doubt he’ll be accused of being big oil, as anyone does who questions the dogma.

The 97% of scientists figure is garbage. That figure came from an analysis carried out by John Cook of published scientific papers, taking the synopsis and determining if they related to climate change. It’s been proven to be garbage as stats can be used to prove/manipulate many things. Then he was very selective in his data and by using sub-sets of sub-sets he arrived at this figure. Just because idiots repeat it constantly doesn’t make if factual. Science is never settled and whenever you hear that, the reason they are saying that is to shutdown debate,

This work did not ask the scientists their opinion, nor did it determine if CO2 was beneficial to the planet, nor if a warming planet was beneficial.
Also, more people die every year from cold than hot - you may not like it, it may not agree with the agenda, but it’s a fact.

Is that the William Happer who agreed to write bogus reports for Greenpeace and discussed ways of getting around proper peer review? The one who worked for Trump? He certainly sounds like someone we should pay attention to

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

So one atomic physicist rejects the climate change consensus, OK fair enough. What weight do you give his opinion relative to the consensus? Is it 50/50, cant be more surely? In which case why do people who aren't scientists, climate related or otherwise, choose to go with one side of the argument over another?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Interestingly appointed by Trump to the National Security Council, he’s also founded the CO2 Coalition a climate change denial advocacy group, based in Arlington, Virginia, which Happer founded to promote more fossil fuel consumption so certainly can be accused of being big oil.

Not exactly unbiased and obviously someone with a vested interest. From what I can gather the material used in the YouTube clip wasn’t peer reviewed.

Climate change is a thing, the question is ‘how much are we making it worse?’

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Record temperatures on Monday forced the cancellation of hundreds of train services, while flights at Luton airport were stopped after heat “melted the runway”.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Interestingly appointed by Trump to the National Security Council, he’s also founded the CO2 Coalition a climate change denial advocacy group, based in Arlington, Virginia, which Happer founded to promote more fossil fuel consumption so certainly can be accused of being big oil.

Not exactly unbiased and obviously someone with a vested interest. From what I can gather the material used in the YouTube clip wasn’t peer reviewed.

Climate change is a thing, the question is ‘how much are we making it worse?’

Probably doesn’t much matter either way anymore anyway. There are enough compelling non climate change arguments for the energy transition, including reduced non CO2 pollution and non reliance on basket case countries where the fossil fuels are sourced. It is also common sense to develop infinite rather than finite energy resources. Oil has only lasted as long as it has because of technological advances and these are also finite without ever higher prices that will render it uncompetitive anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The sun has just dipped below the horizon where I am and I have rarely been so delighted to see it go.

Air temperature now a mere 29ºC now :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here