Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hbos

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone following the HBOS roller coaster today?

Started off nicely positive after AIG were rescued overnight, and then plummeted to around 96p per share meaning a loss of 90% on a year high of 990p.

Merger talks with Lloyds TSB for around 300p per share has emerged and the price has risen quickly to around 215p before plummeting again to 96p. I'm assuming the latter fall was a rogue trade or similar blip as the price shot straight back up to around the 200p level.

Absolutely amazing fluctuations for (what was such) a massive company.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

Started off nicely positive after AIG were rescued overnight, and then plummeted to around 96p per share meaning a loss of 90% on a year high of 990p.

Merger talks with Lloyds TSB for around 300p per share has emerged and the price has risen quickly to around 215p before plummeting again to 96p. I'm assuming the latter fall was a rogue trade or similar blip as the price shot straight back up to around the 200p level.

was discussing this with a dealer friend of mine about 8.40. jokingly i told him i was going to buy a slug of shares which was met with derision. go into a meeting and an hour later the shares have moved up 71% in an hour!

incroyable!

Looks like the traders are trying to force the price down, and the BoE are buying to keep it high.
Massive volumes being traded, up down, up down.

My wages go into my Halifax account - woe is me.
I'll need a whipround next month boyos!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah, it's been madness...

Another LTSB rebrand, what sort of ridiculous name would they have with HBOS in the mix!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
unbelievable stuff. My mates team on the volatility desk have made $80M in 2 days .... nice

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

what the f*** do you know about finance!? stick to charity work, or whatever it is you do....

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
unbelievable stuff. My mates team on the volatility desk have made $80M in 2 days .... nice

That means that someone elses pension scheme has probably lost $80m - nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here