Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hazel Blears MP

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh the irony. :D

The board RACIST comes on here complaining about the state of the NHS when his own party of thick white inbreds would implement a policy that insured it COLLAPSED at a stroke. :tosser:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
We had her here as a Minister until earlier this year when Charles Clarke forgot there were a whole host of foreign prisoners on the loose and Blair moved her to be Labour Party Chair. She wasn't a bad Minister, but was rather keen on eye-catching initiatives, not all of which were practical. The current allegations against her (on the radio, press, etc) is that she influenced decisions about which hospitals were to close, when this should be a purely Civil Service decision, based on the needs of the area concerned. I am not going to reveal my political allegiances (as a Civil Servant I have to remain neutral), but if this is happening it goes against all the rules of Government. For decisions such as these to be run past Special Advisers so that they are presented as favourably as possible for the Government is an accepted part of modern politics, but for the Chair of the Labour Party to be involved is completely unnecessary. She is alleged to have attended the meetings at which the decisions were taken (for example, to keep full facilities at Watford General Hospital, for which access is inconvenient and the buildings old, while downgrading Welwyn and Hemel, which are far more modern and easier to get to. Watford is a marginal Labour seat, Welwyn and Hemel were gained by the Conservatives in the last General Election. Thus it is alleged that these decisions are being taken for political reasons, another example being the run-down of facilities at the Princess Royal in Haywards Heath, while the RSC is built up - with inconvenient access for ambulances and so on. Brighton Kemptown - very marginal Labour seat, Mid Sussex - fairly comfortable Conservative seat. I do not know if these allegations are true, but I will be very interested to see the outcome of the discussion regarding the future of services at Eastbourne and Hastings hospitals.

West Hoathly Seagull said:
We had her here as a Minister until earlier this year when Charles Clarke forgot there were a whole host of foreign prisoners on the loose and Blair moved her to be Labour Party Chair

John read will lose his job very shortly and there'll will a vacancy for the home office job, Only incompetent and total failures need apply.

Please apply by the following e-mail address >http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/

LABOURbanner.gif

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
West Hoathly Seagull said:
We had her here as a Minister until earlier this year when Charles Clarke forgot there were a whole host of foreign prisoners on the loose and Blair moved her to be Labour Party Chair. She wasn't a bad Minister, but was rather keen on eye-catching initiatives, not all of which were practical. The current allegations against her (on the radio, press, etc) is that she influenced decisions about which hospitals were to close, when this should be a purely Civil Service decision, based on the needs of the area concerned. I am not going to reveal my political allegiances (as a Civil Servant I have to remain neutral), but if this is happening it goes against all the rules of Government. For decisions such as these to be run past Special Advisers so that they are presented as favourably as possible for the Government is an accepted part of modern politics, but for the Chair of the Labour Party to be involved is completely unnecessary. She is alleged to have attended the meetings at which the decisions were taken (for example, to keep full facilities at Watford General Hospital, for which access is inconvenient and the buildings old, while downgrading Welwyn and Hemel, which are far more modern and easier to get to. Watford is a marginal Labour seat, Welwyn and Hemel were gained by the Conservatives in the last General Election. Thus it is alleged that these decisions are being taken for political reasons, another example being the run-down of facilities at the Princess Royal in Haywards Heath, while the RSC is built up - with inconvenient access for ambulances and so on. Brighton Kemptown - very marginal Labour seat, Mid Sussex - fairly comfortable Conservative seat. I do not know if these allegations are true, but I will be very interested to see the outcome of the discussion regarding the future of services at Eastbourne and Hastings hospitals.

I think that is what Kev was trying to tell us. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here