Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hawkins Sending off

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
People told me afterwards they saw a clear shirt tug/handball - which made me slightly suspicious at the time. Can't help thinking theres nothing there at all on replay.

Wonder what people's response would have been had it been another of our players...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was a clear shirt tug. Tho the ref let play go. Hardly Donkey Boy's fault that the forwards subsequently failed to score, largely due to the efforts of Smith - and no thanks whatsoever to Donkey Boy's pitiful efforts at defending.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It was a clear shirt tug. Tho the ref let play go. Hardly Donkey Boy's fault that the forwards subsequently failed to score, largely due to the efforts of Smith - and no thanks whatsoever to Donkey Boy's pitiful efforts at defending.

I think you'll find that Tunnicliffe's shit defending that led to the whole episode, and it was Hawkins challenge (maybe foul, but I still can't see it) that nearly saved our skin.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think you'll find that Tunnicliffe's shit defending that led to the whole episode, and it was Hawkins challenge (maybe foul, but I still can't see it) that nearly saved our skin.

You can also blame, I think it was, Dickinson standing in the corner playing everyone onside.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You can also blame, I think it was, Dickinson standing in the corner playing everyone onside.

No! It was solely Hawkins fault! It all is!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who cares if it was a sending off or not, what's done is done. I'm more worried about the fact El-Abd looks like a certainty to return to the defence on Friday :cry:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You met me today, what do you reckon?

I just f***ing hate it when hard-working Albion players get on the end of a witch-hunt on NSC (or elsewhere) that they don't derserve, if you're said enough to look it up you'll see I had a similar reaction over Davies last year when our so-called fans were giving him a load of shit.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ive just watched the show and felt it was harsh too.

I also noticed several penalties awarded today after goalkeepers diving at the strikers feet and getting the man instead of the ball..... none of the keepers were sent off though :shrug::wozza:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

If they had scored he could not have been sent off (he wouldn't have stopped a goalscoring oppurtunity). So it is smiths fault ! (I am not serious). But the ref was harsh he played advantage , gave them too chances to score, then awarded a pen and sent our player off. Although I have no argument - I saw a shirt pull.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

I also noticed several penalties awarded today after goalkeepers diving at the strikers feet and getting the man instead of the ball..... none of the keepers were sent off though :shrug::wozza:

I noticed that too. Thought it was mandatory, maybe only for Brighton. :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I noticed that too. Thought it was mandatory, maybe only for Brighton. :shrug:

Depends if the player was going to towards or away from goal, goal scoring chance or if players are back.

Its not mandatory at all, Juipers has given away Pens in the past and only been booked in the past

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So your saying it's interpritation by the ref. By default the goalie should be the last man and even if there are players standing in the goalmouth, it should be easier to score.
Almost gives cart blanche to goalies, to come out and rugby tackle an approaching player outside the box, and only get a yellow so long as there are players protecting the goal behind him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was a definite pull of the shirt, and if you do that in the penalty box you run the very high risk of being send off and conceding a penalty. You cannot really argue against this. The best option is not to do it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Absolutely. Especially the Carlisle goalkeeper (I think) which must have been more of a goalscoring chance than the Huddersfield one.

Also watching MOTD last night, Kaboul's goal against Arsenal involved jumping at the keeper and looked worst than both Crofts disallowed goal at Brentford and the Elphick booking today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here