Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2024/25 edition)

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
I wondered this morning if someone might raise this thread. It's like f'in winter out there! I've put on my jumper, so all is well.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Just got back from Cornwall to find that the South East is considerably colder than the South West, so the central heating has turned itself on.

I knew the weather couldn't have been great as the solar panels have generated sweet f.a. today.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Still cold next week too. 6 degrees below average

Yes, that's chilly for June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654710

Pre climate change, our summers consisted of periods like that and then sunny/warm spells.

In the last 20 years we've got used to endless months of summer drought, destroyed lawns and intense heat.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It was great to experience 25 Celcius earlier this week for the first time this year ... in Stockholm on a Baltic Cruise 👍

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes, that's chilly for June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654710

Pre climate change, our summers consisted of periods like that and then sunny/warm spells.

In the last 20 years we've got used to endless months of summer drought, destroyed lawns and intense heat.
Although last year, a glorious June was followed by a cool washout July and August.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Was June to Sept overall high temp’s historically? The nights were unbearable, we bought an air con unit …. paradise.
Yes, I think so because disappointing daytime temperatures were offset by night-time temps in the mid-teens.

Just as we were all bemused by the recent Met Office report of a warm May, which only made sense when overnight temperatures were factored in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, I think so because disappointing daytime temperatures were offset by night-time temps in the mid-teens.

Just as we were all bemused by the recent Met Office report of a warm May, which only made sense when overnight temperatures were factored in.

May 24 - there was more analysis on a longer slot the other day. We have to remember it's UK wide. The SE was something like 0.5c to 1c > the 1971 to 2000 mean, whilst Wales/Scotland/NW etc was several degrees c > than their May means.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I wonder what the temperature average difference is between urban areas and the countryside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here