Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you got your Christmas tree up yet?

Have you got your christmas tree up yet?

• Yes, a tastefully decorated tree is currently in place

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Hell yeah, and don't forget the flashing lights on the front of the house and 12 luminous reindeer o

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, but I plan to do it over the next week or so

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Christmas? Bah, humbug.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Worst house for tacky lights I've seen so far is in New England Road, Haywards Heath.

But there are a couple of strong competitors near McDonald's in Burgess Hill, complete with flashing Santa ski-ing down a slope.

Not flashing in the dirty mac sense, obviously.

edna krabappel said:
What do you mean... "obviously" ?

OZGW01-1.jpg

:lolol:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
edna krabappel said:
Worst house for tacky lights I've seen so far is in New England Road, Haywards Heath.

But there are a couple of strong competitors near McDonald's in Burgess Hill, complete with flashing Santa ski-ing down a slope.

I'm just starting a little photo-series on Christmas lights and want to find some totally over the top examples. So if you know of anywhere just let me know. I'm looking at producing something that's guaranteed to be in the worst possible taste.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The 2 near McDonalds in Burgess Hill. There's usually a good one down Maple Drive in BH as well, and some people mentioned a place in Worthing or Durrington the other day I think.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Roz,

Petworth Drive in Horsham has a whole close (about 8-10 houses) decorated in truly fantastic fashion - they raised £7000 for St Catherines Hospice last year from the visitors.

There is also a very tasteless example in Worthing, Cotswold Avenue , quite spectacular - and again there is a massive charity collection.

Both are definitely worth a visit!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Cheers! I'm more than happy to donate to the good causes and someone mentioned Peacehaven as a likely venue too. Perhaps I'll ask Kerry Mayo for directions tonight:D :D :D

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Although I clicked the first option in this poll, I would also like to state that the 'Bah Humbug' option also applies to me. I used to be OK about Christmas and enjoyed it but it has got so far 'in yer face' and decorations seem to go up in some shops in August that the whole thing now just seems to be some retail money-grubbing exercise to me. My wife has been panicking about what to buy for who since October. OK Christmas is important and should be celebrated but spend a quarter of your year planning it? No thanks.

Our tree went up a week ago, but if I had my way it would go up on Christmas Eve and come down again on Boxing Day.

This rant is now officially over...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
My tree went up on the first Sunday in Advent. It will come down on 12th Night.

The outside lights will be turned off at the same time but will stay up until it gets up to at least close to zero degrees or I'll be losing some fingers.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My tree is up no lights outside I leave it to the nutters in my area!!! I hate christmas the sooner it is over the better even seeing the tree means nothing!! Roll on Jan!!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell said:
Whatever happened to the tradition that Christmas trees go up after sunset on Christmas eve?

Is Bracknell Towers the only household in the land that still sticks to this?

Is that really a tradition? I've always stuck to putting them up on December 1st, and taking them down on January 6th - so they're up for Advent & The 12 days of Christmas.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
my tree goes up in early December, but it comes down either New Year's Day or the day after.

I can't be doing with Christmas once the new year is properly underway.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
albiongirl said:
I hate christmas the sooner it is over the better even seeing the tree means nothing!! Roll on Jan!!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Gerbil- your mrs told me she had a huge erection in your front room, then i worked out she was talking about the artifical Xmas tree!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
It must've been when you came round mate!!

And don't be ignoring my texts again or I'll be very pissed off with you and tell Mrs Gerbil to shortchange you:censored:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Turkey said:
Nope. Not getting one either. Too expensive.

Yeah got mine up all flashing and things.

btw Turkey you could get a little one, cheap just to make your tiny little room a tiny bit christmassy. ;) After all it is a bit dull :lolol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Most of these OTT lighting set up's (that probably come with their own generators) are exactly that...OTT

I can't help but feel it's just 'keeping up with the Jones's' going on all round the country.

Still if people are generating cash for good causes who minds.

Next weekend is when we plan on putting the dec's up, much before then just seems too early to me.

Warning ! - Watch out for those 6ft Inflatable Santa's .. Apparently one over heated in the porch of some guys house in Coventry at the weekend - the whole house burnt down.

Dodgy connections from Taiwan.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here