Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you got your Christmas tree up yet?

Have you got your christmas tree up yet?

• Yes, a tastefully decorated tree is currently in place

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Hell yeah, and don't forget the flashing lights on the front of the house and 12 luminous reindeer o

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No, but I plan to do it over the next week or so

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Christmas? Bah, humbug.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How festive is your house looking?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not at all festive yet. Need to finish decorating before the tree gets put up.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I am going to be at my daughter's for Christmas and I'm already sorting through my possessions trying to get rid of stuff before moving in the new year, so I am giving it a miss this year.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Next weekend. I want every inch covered with tinsel, glass balls and colored lights. I've told the children that if I can see any hint of green I'll give all their present to the poor children.

Whatever happened to the tradition that Christmas trees go up after sunset on Christmas eve?

Is Bracknell Towers the only household in the land that still sticks to this?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I tihnk next weekend is the time to do it, altohugh we have one up in the office already.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lord Bracknell said:
Whatever happened to the tradition that Christmas trees go up after sunset on Christmas eve?

Is Bracknell Towers the only household in the land that still sticks to this?

Most people are too pissed to put anything up by that time.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Decorating starts in earnest next Sunday !!
:clap: :clap:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The Christmas tree may not be up but already we have two dozen, freshly shot and illuminated stuffed pheasants flying up the outside wall and festooned across the front garden. As the lights come on in turn, each pheasant squeaks "Christmas? Bah! Humbug!" All this is accompanied by a gramophone record playing The Death March through a very loud speaker. To add to the festivities, Lord B pops outside every now and again to pelt onlookers with lumps of coal.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have one of those little trees from Habitat, that are basically a wire frame with loads of lights on it in the shape of a tree...very tasteful and very nice.

We bought a "potted" tree last week and it has sat outside until next Sunday when it will come in.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Thought I would share this little ditty with you.

A Christmas Story
How did the fairy get on top of the tree?
One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for his annual trip... but there were problems everywhere.

Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs.Clause told Santa that her mom was coming to visit.
This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys.

So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of coffee and a shot of whiskey.
When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hid the whiskey and there was nothing to drink.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the coffeepot and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw it was made from.

Just then the doorbell rang and Santa cursed on his way to the door. He opened the door and there was a little fairy with a great big Christmas tree.

The fairy said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa
Isn't it just a lovely day?
I have a beautiful tree for you.
Isn't it just a lovely tree?
Where would you like me to stick it?".......
Thus began the tradition of the little fairy on top of the Christmas tree!
=====

Last years Xmas story on the carers site.

This year 3 in the frame.
How the title of the song Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer came about.

Microsoft buys Christmas

Barbie's Letter to Santa.

They only apear for 3 days a year and then go away again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here