First England game at the new Wembley(vs Brazil]
Last ever game at Highbury-Arsenal vs Wigan
And to top them all off:

THE FIRST EVER GAME AT THE WITHDEAN!!!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Part of a world record attempt to get the most number of 'zombies' in a room whilst I was a student in Cardiff. It failed, badly, but was still a Welsh record at least!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
My families run of luck is just missing history, although I did get caught up in one of the biggest riots ever in Ireland (May Day 03), I had just driven out of the city before the biggest one (Love Ulster 06). As goes the other family bits, my brother passed through Omagh the day it was bombed and my dad had just gone around the corner from one of the Dublin bombs in '74.

Football wise, lots of Irish ones - last game of Kilkenny City FC before they imploded, last terraced Irish home international ever, last football game in Lansdowne Road, last anything game in Lansdowne Road ('the last stand', a rugby match), first football game in Croke Park...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Are they completely rebuilding Lansdowne Road, that is to say, flattening it and starting from scratch. When they rebuilt the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff a small part of the old ground was kept behind the goal, something to do with the old rugby ground behind it apparently.

D

Deleted User X18H

I ask, as I have a brother who is not interested in football AT ALL, was at Wembley when San Marino scored what was then the quickest goal in international football ever. It means NOTHING to him.

My first Brighton game was Peter Ward's last league game for us but I don't think I have a tale to really dine out on (apart from the last match at The Goldstone and Hereford, which count!)

Who has?

Your just full of bullshit arn't you...............incidentally what do you think was Petrer Wards last league game for The Albion??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in Berlin when the two Germanies unified. It was a strange feeling walking from one country into another (as they were at the start of the evening) with no passport checks and realising, by the end of the evening, that I'd just spent time in three different countries. It was one hell of party, I was still nursing a hangover the following evening.

I was on Brighton seafron when the mods and rockers had their pitched battle in 1964. My grandmother moved me quickly away so I didn't see it get really tasty.

I was also on the Lewisham anti-NF march, one that turned rather nasty, and on the anti-Poll Tax march that ended with one of Britain's biggest ever riots.

And I saw the Buzzcocks when Howard Devoto was still in them - that was pretty rare.

Football wise, apart from the usual, I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Peter Shilton's 1000th game which was against us.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I stuck around st. petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain
I rode a tank
Held a generals rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name

(But contrary to belief, I wasn't at Altamont)

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I was there in 1974 at the first Suicide practices in a loft in New York City.
I was working on the organ sounds with much patience.
I was there when Captain Beefheart started up his first band.
I told him, "Don't do it that way. You'll never make a dime."
I was there.
I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
I played it at CBGB's.
Everybody thought I was crazy.
We all know.
I was there.
I was there.
I've never been wrong.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I've had quite a few good ones

I was at Selhurst when David Beckham scored from the halfway line

I was at Highbury when John Jensen scored his only goal for Arsenal

I was in Cuba when Fidel Castro formally stepped down as leader of Cuba after a million years in charge

I was on a flight from Bali to Perth and overtook Steve Fossett just after he beat the round the world balloon flight record

I was there when Ian Beale cheated on Cindy with Melanie at Brighton station (Im even on the TV during the doof doofer moment)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Are they completely rebuilding Lansdowne Road, that is to say, flattening it and starting from scratch. When they rebuilt the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff a small part of the old ground was kept behind the goal, something to do with the old rugby ground behind it apparently.

Entirely rebuilding - Photo Gallery - Introduction - Lansdowne Road Stadium Development Company shows some photos of the current progress. The entire ground has been rotated about 30 degrees to get it mostly off the railway line.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Last game at the Goldstone :down:

Thats about the limit of my football history as well. :down:

I did manage to create a small piece of Railway history once when I worked and then closed the old signal box at West Worthing station for the very last time before they demolished it, But apart from myself and half a dozen railway fanatics taking picture's it was of very little interest to anybody else. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here