Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever lost something that has really affected you?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Our school performing arts department goes on tour every year, this year was to Germany.

On the third day we had a concert down by a lake and we were flicking through our music pads to try and find this song, we realised we didn't have it just as the conductor started the piece. Fortunately I could remember the first 20 bars or so but I'll never forget his face when he found out we didn't have the music.
Then the next day at a big concert in a hall, we were rehearsing before the show and he said "Right, we're gonna run through Copacabana now" (one of the biggest pieces of the night) and we didn't have that either. I had to walk up to him - he's quite an intimidating character even when you've done nothing wrong - look him square in the eye and say I didn't have it. I still get chills thinking about it now... Not sure how well it comes across in writing though!

D

Deleted User X18H

I lost my patience after getting a train from Preston Park to Brighton this morning. By the time I'd got off and queued with all the Brighton wannabees, just to get off the platform it would have been quicker to walk.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I lost my heart to a Starship Trouper.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
My wallet a few months back. Had absolutely every card I owned in there, plus £200 in cash and a few old photos that I will never get back. I didn't care about the money, it was the cards and the photos that I missed.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
A few years ago I had my phone nicked in a pub in TW. The phone going walkies wasn't the issue - it was insured, but I had photo's on there of my niece when she was only minutes old. which i'll never get back :(

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
So sorry Dave, I am
Playing up there next week with Stew, we will look in the rough and bunkers as it not
Much chance if being on the fairways !!!. I tell you what you never know someone honest might find it ! So be positive

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Many years ago I won a 7" single on a competition on the John Peel show. Weeks passed and no prize was forthcoming so I decided to write to him and ask where my vinyl was. I got a pleasant surprise a couple of days later, my record and a lovely postcard (on a Gary Davies card!) from Peel explaining he'd lost the address and apologising and wishing me well. I still have the Butthole Surfers vinyl but lost the note years ago. Gutted still when I think about it.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
My brother told me yesterday that his mother (my step mother) has lost a personalised Christmas card from Elvis Presley and a first pressing of the first thing the Beatles ever recorded to send to record companies to get a deal.

They are both pretty gutting....

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Gutted for you, I lost my brother in laws ring that his dad gave him was about 3 generations passed on, spent ages looking for it to no avail he didn't speak to me for hours, hope it's handed in and returned

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My brother told me yesterday that his mother (my step mother) has lost a personalised Christmas card from Elvis Presley

Pop down to Rotherfield one evening & drop into the local. His daughter Lisa Marie is quite the regular these days apparently, perhaps she could help...

Or try Drusillas, she's said to be a big fan of that too :ohmy:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My ex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here