Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever lost something that has really affected you?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yesterday, I played golf with woodingdean seagulls society and lost my wedding ring. I damaged by ring finger playing cricket and had to prise the ring off as my finger swelled up...anyway, I took it off mid round and put it in my pocket.

It must have fallen out somewhere on the course and it's gone.

After noticing this, I felt mortified and couldn't carry on playing.....I had only taken it off a couple of times since my wedding day 32 years ago.

It was my oldest possession.

:(:(:(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That is unlucky, have you been back to try and find it ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My virginity, mine disappeared 20 odd years ago and once it's gone it's gone ! You ain't never getting it back. It's ok though as Ive managed to cope without it ever since. :lolol:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Yesterday, I played golf with woodingdean seagulls society and lost my wedding ring. I damaged by ring finger playing cricket and had to prise the ring off as my finger swelled up...anyway, I took it off mid round and put it in my pocket.

After noticing this, I felt mortified and couldn't carry on playing.....I had only taken it off a couple of times since my wedding day 32 years ago.

I lost mine a few years ago, in hospital, whilst my wife was in labour with our 2nd child. Didn't lighten the atmosphere much. Midwives looking at me with such disdain! Found it eventually in some screwed up paper towels, had come off when I dried my hands. Terrible feeling when I thought it was gone though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Think this through granny. Did you put the ring in a pocket with nothing else in it, or with a whole load of loose change or something? Either way, unless you were doing handstands on the golf course its not very likely it would have come out of your pocket. More likely to have come out of your golfing trousers - assuming there are such things - in the wash. Or in wherever you dump your loose change.

You have not been charged for this wedding ring finding service.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah, I did a circuit of the holes we played and looked at the greens and tee off areas....hill barn have my address and phone number if anyone finds it.

I remember it being in the same pocket as my marker, and also putting my glove in that pocket a couple of times, so I assume it must have fallen out when I used them.

Btw. Word of warning....if you go to claim for something make sure you have either a valuation, original receipt or a photograph of it..and a police number .more than wanted these....it was bought 32 years ago so we had not the original receipt or a valuation, but happened to have a photo on holiday showing my hand with the ring. We have been told to photograph every item of jewellery we have just in case.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gutted for you Dave. Hope you find it, somehow.

Feel for you, even though I refer to mine as my hancuff when I lost it I can't describe the feeling of utter despair I felt and it amazed me how many times I looked at my finger and I burst into tears when telling my wife.

Happy ending though, we spent hours day after day in the garden, as I knew I'd lost it there, with grass rakes and it tuned up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I lose my wallet on a daily basis but usually find it again within the hour.
Last season I lost it at Birmingham away and a home match and both times it was found and sent back to me.
So only twice in the last 9 months have I actually had to renew cards, mourn at loss of cash etc, a good run for me.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
My virginity to a toothless granny, still have nightmares about that.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I went to Wales 6 years ago with the school and lost a wallet that my dad bought me and remember crying and think it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me. I still, to this day, think it got stole in Cardiff while we were shopping. However, the teachers did but me a novelty wallet, with the Welsh dragon on and also put £5 in it for me to spend which felt like an amazing gesture. I only left college in July and the teachers still ribbed me about losing my wallet, and it being the saddest event in my life!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I lost a gold bracelet that my dad had bought me - I was devastated especially as only that week he had sadly died - although I felt absolutely gutted I think because I was so upset about losing him I kind of tried to forget about it - and was busy trying to arrange funeral and stuff - weirdly though a month later when I went to pick his ashes up I came home and went down the stairs to my then grotty basement flat and put the bag with the ashes down on the floor to open the front door and there sparkling away on the shingle was my bracelet!!!

It felt like he had given it to me all over again - and now it's safely tucked away in my jewellery box and I never wear it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here