Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you ever been to watch the U23s play ?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Yes - went to loads pre covid, home and away. Looking forward to getting back into it, tho not very successful at my first attempt - Forest Green. It’s a great standard of football and you get to see the upcoming first teamers.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
No poll I just want a reply for the reason why you either have or haven't been.

Here's why I do attend some U23 games,

Cost, I pick away games within 3 hours drive from home, usually it's either free or a fiver to get in.

The quality of football is just fantastic nowadays it's technically on par with the first team but with less gifted and mature players, the less gifted bit is the part I love to watch as they become stronger and better equipped for the man's game.

There seems to be a hard-core group of fans who attend the U23 games and rarely will you see more than 150 at a game.

I'd love it if more Brighton fans turned up for these games because your missing out on some good exciting footy and showing your support for the youngsters can only make them better players and feel welcome at the club.

So have you been ? Would you go ? , no hidden agenda just curious as to the general feeling of supporters towards our youngsters progression.

If I had no other commitments I would, 100%. And women's games.

I enjoy watching the U23 games on youtube/streams when I can.

But I have so many other commitments, work, hobbies family with no interest in football. I struggle to justify going to first team home games + one or two away games etc season, let alone U23 games. So, maybe in future, when I'm retired/divorced.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Couple of Academy league games when at Amex to see ability of up and coming players. Would not rush back as thought games were slow and lacked intensity. However am sure games against league sides are different and will try and get to one of those

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, at Worthing, then the Lancing FA ground, then at Lancing training ground when that opened. I've watched a couple at the Amex when they've played there.
I haven't watched any live for over two years now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are the games at Lancing open again.?

No but there was an u23 PL2 game v Blackburn on a Friday night at the Amex a few weeks ago. There was about 300 or so there. (Free to ST holders). We won 4-1. Had the hottest pie i've ever had and watched Sarmiento create havoc and Ferguson score within 5 minutes of coming off the bench.
Also most of the PL2 games this season have either been available for free on YouTube or via club websites.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, I have. Really enjoyed going to Lancing. Would like to go more but it’s hard with a young family.

It can be done. I used it as a gentle (and inexpensive) intro to going to footy for my young ones.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If I had no other commitments I would, 100%. And women's games.

I enjoy watching the U23 games on youtube/streams when I can.

But I have so many other commitments, work, hobbies family with no interest in football. I struggle to justify going to first team home games + one or two away games etc season, let alone U23 games. So, maybe in future, when I'm retired/divorced.

This.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It can be done. I used it as a gentle (and inexpensive) intro to going to footy for my young ones.

I’ve got two, a footy mad 13 year old and a footy hating 11 year old. The challenge is the 13 year old plays on Saturday and Sunday, trains on Tuesdays and Fridays plus we have season tickets. It’s difficult juggling that lot without adding on anything extra :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't make the FGR match on Tuesday but will endeavour to get to the Northampton match in November, I haven't been to Northampton since it was transformed into a cosmopolitan place of beauty a short drive up the M1 for Brighton dwelling fans I expect to see a huge following approaching 150 to cheer the lads to victory ✌

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Used to go a few times a season when they played at Lancing, not done so since they stopped playing there.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The home matches are only available to STHs :down:

? ?

Your information is normally so accurate - indeed, even a valued source of information for many of us - so I hesitate to question you .............. but, this extract from the Albion website appears to be contradicting you.

"For Non Season Ticket Holders and games where Season Ticket Holders must purchase tickets, the following prices apply:
Adult £5.00
Under 18 £2.00
65+ £2.00
*booking fee applies for tickets bought in person".

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-gb/categories/development

If prices for tickets for sale are stated, surely that implies that tickets for sale are available?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here