Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever been sacked?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I got made unfairly made redundant by my then arse licking witch of a boss in London, which cocked up my legal status, I took legal advice, threatened tribunal and got a lovely payout....finally managed to sort my immigration status out 3 years on.... hope she doesn't sleep well at night...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
redundant twice.
Sacked once when a paperboy as thought taking a Daily Mirror for my family was perk of the job . . . that's what my Dad told me

later got re-instated after kicking off about it but never turned back up. All turned out ok as the pakis shop on the corner was paying £5 for a round anyway

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Never been sacked but am in the process of being made redundant for the second time.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Sacked by the post office for calling my supervisor a pig-faced xxxx. Harsh but fair.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Benny Zamora said:
Heh heh, he's a top cocker your lad. Ned's like the perfect combination of every good lad i've met north of Stoke, he's got an immaculately tuned bullshit filter.
That sums him up perfectly. :lolol: :lolol:

If we're talking about redundancy then I was made redundant from Yorkshire Electricity when it was taken over by NPower. 25 years service and a big payout.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bhaexpress said:
Got made redundant by one firm although I knew it was coming, it was the way they went about it that annoyed me.

However, as I was their systems programmer I was able to plant a very simple bug that shut their machine down periodically. Took the a while to work out what had happened but as I had frigged the CPU date the time stamp was well after I left (as was the bug).

guy I know is rotting in prison for doing that. He worked for an American bank, was sacked for something trivial, they let him go and get his stuff unsupervised and he altered three lines of code that shut their systems down for 3 days, but only stated working 5 minutes before running their end of day....he got 3 years!!!!!

It cost the bank up to 2 million dollars they reconed

Budgens in Hassocks sacked me when I was 14 for wearing DM's and having holes in my jeans.
I was an early morning cleaner so there was no customers around !
I got them back a few weeks later using a cunning mix of whittling and complaining.

I carved some carrotts into life-like knob shapes and put them in with the display carrotts. They got a load of complaints from local old ladies who got more than they were expecting in their veggies.

A few years later me and my girlfriend at the time did the same thing in Waitrose on Western Road. We were very very stoned and waited around to see peoples reaction. It was f***ing hilarious.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I was almost sacked from my job in Wimbledon dole office in 1983. I didn't turn up for work on the Monday because I was lining up for FA Cup Final replay tickets. When the boss called me in next day and heard my reason, I managed to say I was quitting before he told me I was fired.

I mean, Cup Final or Dole Office. Tough decision, eh? :lolol:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I've never been sacked, but I think I might be soon coz I've been off sick since January 13th.....

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
sort o twice - once redundant (loads of people lodt jobs, when the office closed down), and another job cos i was basically crrp..

i have left the same firm twice by choice though- 1 was working for a pizza shop, then got a real job.. i went back for some extra part time work as well.. which didnt last long. glad to be outta there..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here