Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you always been an Albion fan

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Its quite interesting to see on some posts supporters being labeled plastics or JCL`s but is this fair?

I have not always supported the albion,moving around the country and as a young kid in the 70`s my passion was for Liverpool.I was lucky enough that my father who was a great fan of football nurtured my interest in actually attending matches and i was again lucky enough to watch them live including a European cup final.Then when i was 8 we moved to surrey and one saturday my dad gave me the choice of watching Brighton or Palace,I chose Brighton because it was by the sea and i might get a chance to go on the pier.Anyway we did more and more matches at the goldstone(as i loved the pier and the old man liked the long stretch away from the wife) and i flirted with the Albion and Liverpool until that game against Blackpool when i cried for what seemed for an eternity..........that was the moment i knew i would bleed blue and white for the rest of my life.

my point is Albion fans come from all different angles and it seems to defeat the purpose of name calling because you didnt go to Hereford,didnt have a season ticket at Gillingham didnt have a poop in trap 4 of the Withdean portaloo.......i say come and join us everyone,you are all welcome to be part of the best club in the country!

anyway have you always been an Albion Fan

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have never had another team, but when I moved away for uni admittedly I didn't pay as much attention as I should have (94-97)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I suppose, i didn't bother about football as a kid, until i was about 11 when everyone at school had a team so i picked arsenal. Never cared for them though and started getting my dad to take me to the goldstone a year later. Mullery's second spell, we lost every game i went to that season i think, but the bug was set.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yep always Albion, my dad is a born & bred Brightonian and he himself followed the Albion from a very young age, and he obviously brainwashed me when I was a nipper.
I think it's 31 years since I first watched a Brighton game, I'm 36. You get less for murder !

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have been Albion since I was 13 when my family moved to Hove. Before that I dabbled half-heartedly with West Ham. In the 90s I went to a lot of Enfield games but Albion remained No 1 for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. Only really got interested in Brighton when we moved here in 1974.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Went to my first Albion game at 5, and been a Brighton fan since, 35 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using telepathic powers.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, Sussex through one side all the way. Father, and grandfather stood on the East (although great grandfather less because they got less time off work in those days). Great grandfather may have drilled on The Goldstone when he was sent off to be slaughtered with The Sussex "for King & Country".

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Born in Brighton Gordon Rd.1939..not far from Withdean...no football because the war had started...took interest after the war but Dad hated football and we never went.Left school 1954,joined Navy and saw my first game Dec 1958 when I was 19...posted to Far East for two years but Mother used to send me the pink sports Argus,mind you the time I got the paper Albion had played another game.Followed slavishly when returned to Blighty...early sixties...seen every home match 1998,including Gillingham bar one...Oldham at home when we won 3-0 Withdean due to having transplant.Can't get to many away games now...but do not intend to miss any home games now...I shall refuse to go to my own funeral if Albion play on that day. SEAGULLS!

Very difficult not to be! its in the blood:thumbsup:

Attachments

• scan0001 (3).jpg
    scan0001 (3).jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 493

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No. I'm a JCL didn't really get my teeth into the Albion until I moved here. Fans United was the catalyst for me but it wasn't until year two at Withers that I started going regularly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Only ever Brighton for me and only ever could be. As far as i'm concerned we are THE Sussex team and as I consider my allegiance to Sussex has greater importance than my allegiance to England it has to be Albion. Don't mind, actually welcome anyone who wants to support us from elsewhere, the more the merrier.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where are the nazi stewards in thatbpicture...people are smoking. And in the upper middle, someone looks like they have escaped from an asylum in their straight jacket

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Centre partings.....marvellous

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I moved here for family reasons when I was 10 from Leeds and started to get an interest as my local tean. Moved back up there for work as a 19 year old and got a season ticket for my team Sunderland for about 5 years. Moved back down here last year with work and decided that I would get a ticket in the new ground regardless of the league, went to as many teams as i could last season and was elated they went up as I already had a ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here