Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we sold out against Palace?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
less than 200 tickets left from original 2900 + the additional 700 (or was it 900 not sure) according to someone I spoke to this evening.

Should be about 3600 of us I would guess.

As far as the game's concerned - I'd take a point.

Remember where we were only a few years ago - playing CP was not even an option.

In a couple of years when we have Falmer, and Noades is close to kicking them out we'll be able to play them on a more level playing field.

At the moment our respective playing budgets are further apart than Jordans legs - in the long run though - Falmer permitting our future is far brighter.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We'll see Monkey Spanker we'll see :rolleyes:

Sorry I forgot :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
less than 200 tickets left from original 2900 + the additional 700 (or was it 900 not sure) according to someone I spoke to this evening.

Should be about 3600 of us I would guess.

As far as the game's concerned - I'd take a point.

Remember where we were only a few years ago - playing CP was not even an option.

In a couple of years when we have Falmer, and Noades is close to kicking them out we'll be able to play them on a more level playing field.

At the moment our respective playing budgets are further apart than Jordans legs - in the long run though - Falmer permitting our future is far brighter.

Jordan is in negotiations to buy Selhurst Park now by all accounts so getting kicked out wont happen. I hope Brighton get Falmer i really do but it will take a few years before everything clicks into place and you will still have a lot of cathing up to do

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
eagles #1 said:
Well it is compared to some. Some long journey North will cost ya £30 itself. How much does it cost to get to East Croydon? (i honestly dont know)

For some the train worked out cheaply but I could only find £31.50 returns on the website I went to.

We're driving up but with a drink or two (Ned drew the short straw) it still mounts up. With the tickets it will be £100 before you can blink

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Yorkie said:
For some the train worked out cheaply but I could only find £31.50 returns on the website I went to.

We're driving up but with a drink or two (Ned drew the short straw) it still mounts up. With the tickets it will be £100 before you can blink
:ohmy: Ok i stand corrected.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Yorkie said:

Exactly right Yorks it is a disgrace in all honesty for 90 mins of football, granted its the big one but over £100 for a 50 minute away game is scandalous

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
For people saying stuff like you would pay £20 so £30 is only ten pounds more. Will you be paying £40 next year then if that is charged, as it is only £10 more. Or £50 the following year, or £60 the year after. There must be a cut of point where you just can't pay that much.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Kukev31 said:
For people saying stuff like you would pay £20 so £30 is only ten pounds more. Will you be paying £40 next year then if that is charged, as it is only £10 more. Or £50 the following year, or £60 the year after. There must be a cut of point where you just can't pay that much.

Spot on :clap:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
AJLM :

"Jordan is in negotiations to buy Selhurst Park now by all accounts so getting kicked out wont happen. I hope Brighton get Falmer i really do but it will take a few years before everything clicks into place and you will still have a lot of cathing up to do"

I agree - but what I said was I would take a point next Tuesday as at he moment we have HUGELY different playing budgets.

If Jordan buys selhurst from Uncle Ron it won't come cheap - playing budget will be affected. and if your not in the Prem by then he (Jordan)might just walk.

My point is that in a few years time we will be a stronger club than we are now, same sort of support as your mob - all this is of couse subject to JP - without Falmer we are f***ed

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't think the money is the issue, if we drew Chelsea away in the cup and the tickets were £45 we'd easily take 5000.
I think some people are scared of the aggro, that will no doubt happen. That's fine, I just wish they wouldn't use the money as the argument

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
n1 gull said:
I don't think the money is the issue, if we drew Chelsea away in the cup and the tickets were £45 we'd easily take 5000.
I think some people are scared of the aggro, that will no doubt happen. That's fine, I just wish they wouldn't use the money as the argument

I think it's a combination of the money, the possible aggro, the transport hassle, the weeknight factor and for a few the possibility of having our noses rubbed in it on the pitch again (think how many more we'd take if our league positions were reversed and we had a good chance of turning them over)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Kukev31 said:
AW Stand 1990 £10.00 2005 £30.00. So we are looking at paying £50.00 by 2020 on this rate of inflation.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Kukev31 said:

i would pay WHATEVER it takes to go to Palace away - end of!;)

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dougal said:
I dont think they'll be any agro , I reckon the met will have it well nailed down

i doubt it will all go off peacefully but people shouldnt be scarred to go to this is one just becasue of the fierce rivalry - if you want trouble - you'll easily get it, if you want footie and beers, you'll easily get that too - BUY THE LAST TICKETS FFS!!:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton till i die said:
if you want footie and GINGER beers .:lolol: , you'll easily get that too - BUY THE LAST TICKETS FFS!!:lolol:
Yep no problem. go and get em

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here