Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

have we sadly seen the last of uncle spielberg?

when if ever will he be back?

• this afternoon: to denounce this thread!

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • within a week: he's had more retirements tahn elton john

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • nope, he's a man of his word (two weeks at most)

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • we'll never see the likes of US again

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • before the end of the jumop season

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't blame him to be honest - some people on here have lost the value of respect. So what if it doesn't mean something to you - it meant something to him - and the piss taking was out of order. Had a break from here a while ago myself - and probably about time for another...

If he comes back good luck to him - if he stays away good luck to him also...Sadly the piss takers, wind up merchants and people with no sense of respect will eventually be the only ones here to chatter amongst themselves....

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
tedebear said:
I don't blame him to be honest - some people on here have lost the value of respect. So what if it doesn't mean something to you - it meant something to him - and the piss taking was out of order. Had a break from here a while ago myself - and probably about time for another...

If he comes back good luck to him - if he stays away good luck to him also...Sadly the piss takers, wind up merchants and people with no sense of respect will eventually be the only ones here to chatter amongst themselves....

so you voted 2 weeks at most. fair enough!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I bet he is reading this though...

tedebear said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tedebear said:

You have been posting on here for years so are well aware of the type of jokes that get rolled out every day. Just as they did with George Best, Rod Hull etc etc etc. If it is not to some peoples tastes, fair enough, but lets not pretend this is something new, or is some form of bullying as it is not. If you or anyone else doesn't like it and leaves then that is a shame and a loss to the board. Would you prefer people stop cracking jokes, or just stop cracking jokes you don't approve of?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The bloke made a big fuss about very little and frankly I find his stance just a little hypocritical given that the horse concerned lived a long life unlike so many other race horses who just don't happen to be that good. They wind up as dog food.

Its up to him but if somebody chooses not to post here who cares ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This could really be it for him, would lose an awful lot of face to turn up here again, although hes done it before.

Sorry Tedebear but if you cant rise above a bit of a mick take after such an OTT reaction to a horse that most people know hardly anything about then you probably shouldnt be here or on any message board that would attact the type of demographic that attend football matches.

Also the piss takers, wind up merchants were here long before you were and will be long after.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lokki 7 said:
Would you prefer people stop cracking jokes, or just stop cracking jokes you don't approve of?
:clap:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lokki 7 said:
You have been posting on here for years so are well aware of the type of jokes that get rolled out every day. Just as they did with Geoge Best, Rod Hull etc etc etc. If it is not to some peoples tastes, fair enough, but lets not pretend this is something new, or is some form of bullying as it is not. If you or anyone else doesn't like it and leaves then that is a shame and a loss to the board. Would you prefer people stop cracking jokes, or just stop cracking jokes you don't approve of?

I remember the jokes, and a heck of a lot of them are superb, and I remember the laughs - but I don't remember the personal insults and piss taking of someone elses sadness/loss? Do you?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Lokki 7 said:
You have been posting on here for years so are well aware of the type of jokes that get rolled out every day. Just as they did with George Best, Rod Hull etc etc etc. If it is not to some peoples tastes, fair enough, but lets not pretend this is something new, or is some form of bullying as it is not. If you or anyone else doesn't like it and leaves then that is a shame and a loss to the board. Would you prefer people stop cracking jokes, or just stop cracking jokes you don't approve of?

:clap:

I actually believe this board is a much better place than it was 10 years ago, when - threads organising Fans United etc notwithstanding - it used to be largely full of childish dross, and knobs like Dave the Eeeeeeaaaggglee would swamp it every night with unintelligibly abusive drivel...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tedebear said:
I remember the jokes, and a heck of a lot of them are superb, and I remember the laughs - but I don't remember the personal insults and piss taking of someone elses sadness/loss? Do you?

What personal insults were on that thread ? Damned if I can remember any and at no point did anybody mock the horse either. Seems some people take life a bit too seriously.

It was a HORSE ! Not a head of State !

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
tedebear said:
I don't recall any of that in the Deser Orchid thread? All I remember is people making puns and US whipping himself up into a froth-mouthed frenzy about it, and people naturally finding his histrionics amusing.

tedebear said:

Surely all jokes take the piss out of something? In this instance it was a horse, tomorrow it will be someone or something else. I didn't see any personal insults against US on this subject (if there were I genuinely missed them and would be interested in seeing them quoted on here to prove your point). Who is to decide what is and is not fair game for a wind up or joke? You?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I can't believe the amount of time people have spent wittering on about this.

Who cares?

It's all 'me, me, me' with some self-obsessed fools on here.

It's f***ing embarrassing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Two things need to happen for him DEFINITELY to come back:
1. Some other horse dies
2. One of his horses wins a race
Either that or he'll just come back anyway. C'mon Gareth! Post here - it IS a much more boring place without him, that's for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here