Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we got an unofficial official England v Russia thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh well, I feel MUCH worse when that happens to the Albion :smile:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
But it's not though is it, really.

Absolutely gutted to concede like that, but that was a very good team performance, Sterling aside.

Onwards and upwards. We will qualify from this group no bother I reckon.

Disagree as I think it was a spineless performance. Scoring one goal from a set piece against that Russian side is poor. How many their players play in a top European league? We may have dominated but didn't actually have that many clear cut chances. Just like Albion under Gus and Oscar, look good but little cutting edge

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Last thing we need now is a press assassination. Get behind the lads as that was a marvellous performance.

What not being able to beat a poor side

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
gutted, sucker punched by a big lad in the box... you'd thing Smalling, Cahill, Hart etal would know how to deal with that better.

anywho, something to note (when it was still 1-0) a bit of respect the Russians who allowed a really good game to flow. they were nowhere first half and had little after a spell at start of second, but weren't kicking lumps, no niggly fouls, just seemed to want to play properly.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Can someone please tell me what positive contribution did Sterling make to that game. Loads of possession, loads of good positions, a few good runs but not once can I recall his final ball being any good?
Reminds me of someone who plays for us - KLL!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Can someone please tell me what positive contribution did Sterling make to that game. Loads of possession, loads of good positions, a few good runs but not once can I recall his final ball being any good?

He made a run in the first half and then backfooted it for Rose who put a cross just in front of Alli.

In the second half he was woeful.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The value of Sterling hits a new low against the euro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here