Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we got an unofficial official England v Russia thread?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Isn't it rumoured that Man City are looking for a new keeper?

Stockdale's good, in fact he's very good but he's not good enough for what City are after. They'll want a bigger name signing, probably foreign.

And for what it's worth I reckon Dunk will go to Southampton or Everton if it's a Premier League team and if not one of those then I've a gut feeling that either Bournemouth or Newcastle will offer silly money wages to persuade him to move.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can someone please tell me what positive contribution did Sterling make to that game. Loads of possession, loads of good positions, a few good runs but not once can I recall his final ball being any good?

yep, looks brilliant but lacks any end product. he's a park footballer in a nice sence, a kid with ability and instinct but not a thinker. give him time it doesnt work, give him a moment and he can do some thing special...

He made a run in the first half and then backfooted it for Rose who put a cross just in front of Alli.

like that. nothing came of it but loverly move to see. ah well. he'll score a wonder goal, but for me a weak link in the side.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Stockdale's good, in fact he's very good but he's not good enough for what City are after. They'll want a bigger name signing, probably foreign.

And for what it's worth I reckon Dunk will go to Southampton or Everton if it's a Premier League team and if not one of those then I've a gut feeling that either Bournemouth or Newcastle will offer silly money wages to persuade him to move.
No I didn't mean they would go for Stockdale. As you say, they will go for a world class keeper.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Gareth Bale's going to beat us, isn't he?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Played really well, deserved to win, unlucky at the death. Anyone slagging off England after that performance is a cretin who know's f**k all about football.

Confident of maximum points in the next two games against two worse teams.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hart has more mistakes in him per game than Stockdale and Dunk combined.

I've never been a Hart fan. Great shot stopper, but always prone to being caught in no mans land. Not quite the scenario for their goal tonight though to be fair. He barely had anything to do tonight.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm frustrated by Hodgson's negative tactics once we got the lead. Wilshere was running away from goal towards the corner flag with ten minutes of football still left while Milner came on for Sterling then promptly failed to block the crosser for the Russian goal.

Vardy should have come on for Lallana after we scored, if not before.

The worst thing about the Milner sub was that the Russians were posing no threat whatsoever, we literally gave up on trying to get a second goal and let them back in it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hodgson's fault

Took a great 85 mins of performance and ruined it with some poor decisions with the subs

were the subs responsible for the corner or defending? would Stirling or Rooney have made any difference?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Remember we're English lads. Never say die.

ll4px.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you ever see Geoff Thomas play for England?

A better analogy would have been John Barnes.

Superb for Watford and Liverpool, but sustained a whole poor England career off the back of one superb goal against Brazil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here