Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the tyres burst? Have the wheels come off the Gus Bus

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I have a theory...

Though we couldn't have played Kazenga anyway, we should have otherwise fielded the complete first team against Woking in the first match.

Hopefully we would have beaten them first time, and wouldn't have suffered any of the wobble we currently have (though true it was bound to happen at some point).

Because we played a weakened side, they took us to a replay, and it damaged the confidence of the team as a whole.

I'm also getting a bit concerned about more lumping up the field (encouraged by a few idiots near me who obviously still think we should have played like that all along). Bristol Rovers chased us down well today, but they would never have got near us a month ago.

I still have the utmost faith in Gus, but think a lesson should be learned about keeping momentum.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every team has a bad month and this would appear to be it at least we will still be top on 1st Dec irrespective of results this week but I expect us to come good quickly and hopefully get at least a draw at Southampton and Huddersfield and a win against Colchester.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lets put it this way, who wouldn't have taken this position before the Peterborough game even??? I think some people need a reality check because we are not going to walk what is an extremely competitive league.

Yes the last few results havn't been what we have already in the space of a few months come to expect, but if we win on tuesday esverybody will be saying we are gunna win the league again. Even if we lose on tuesday we are a good competitive side in this league so lets all calm down, enjoy the victories and take a couple of breaths after the defeats.

Now you know this is no place for such a common sense post such at this.
(Agree with every word)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Poyet said a month ago 2 -1 up with 8min to play brizzle would not have even touched the ball, we got what we deserved.

I think the main problem at the moment is showboating, all these "hollywood" passes we are trying to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here