Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the tyres burst? Have the wheels come off the Gus Bus

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No it's not a case of being found out at all.Our squad is to small to cope with one or two injuries.It's desperate affairs when we have to start with Batti who i don't rate.I cringed when i saw him starting today.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Baz is the better player...but on topic, no!!! We are still top of the table, and have ambition, as shown by bringing in Wood, who scored on debut! Great signing IMO, and with the prospect of a new signing or two this week, with one being super special, it is good times! And when we beat Scum!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They are both rubbish and Baz is not better then Batti.As i've said before,both will be released.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Same happened to us a few seasons ago. Top up to Christmas and then we slumped to
Mid table. You have been warned.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A defeat and a draw...big deal, not ideal but hardly the end of the world. Anyone who thought we were just going to continue winning every week is deluded.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
A defeat and a draw...big deal, not ideal but hardly the end of the world. Anyone who thought we were just going to continue winning every week is deluded.

Totally agree. We are still ahead of target - I wish some people would stop fricken whinging. Another tough game on Tuesday and if we get a draw I'll be chuffed to bits.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not too concerned now but think if we lose to South Coast Club and Huddersfield then we'll be fighting to cling on to automatic promotion. I would have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season, but when we've been 8 points clear it's a serious knock to the team and their confidence. Our great football at Charlton and Posh was all down to confidence, without which, as we saw today, we struggle.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
We were always going to hit a bad patch, We just need to make sure that we end it sooner rather than later. Good time to start a winning run with SCC and 'Udders coming up

It is crystal clear to anyone with a football brain that Poyet has taken the club as far as he can go and should be sacked NOW.

Bring back Dean Wilkins as manager with his twin brother Ray as assistant, and get rid of all migrants in the team.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

debs, the voice of reason!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I don't think the wheels have come off, I just think teams are now aware of the way we like to dictate the game along the back and teams are starting to push up on us, so closing down the space. This happened to painter all afternoon and more worryingly, we started to bang hollywood balls from defence as suddenly we have a big lad up front capable of not only knocking on good balls, BUT who can lay off decent balls too.

I am not really sure if this team are capable of changing the format, and to be honest I hope they do not.

I really thought we missed someone pushing out on the wings today...Yes, we missed Lua Lua and I really do hope we manage to replace him.

Fair play to Rovers though...a good energetic team who looked strong and quick on the break....this is going to be an very interesting season.

Having watched the two Woking games, Hartlepool & today's match - yes we are wobbling. Rovers for instance were nothing special yet in the first half we were poor & made them look good. Second half was match better however in truth none of our forwards looked like scoring in open play.

Whilst under Gus we have been playing great football at times, his weakness is in the forward line up.

Murray & Barnes are not firing on all cylinders, Hart & Holroyd are shocking, Sandaza not at the races & Agdestein must be really cack if Hart gets games in preference.

We have had a good run but are now being found out. I have been banging the drum since the summer to bring in one decent forward, but we are still waiting!!! A million will need to be sent. A small price to pay to get to the championship?

And so to Tuesday. I am fearful that we will get our first drubbing. 4-0 to Southampton would not be unexpected. Colchester at home & Huddersfield away after.

Still top by mid December?
I can't see it right now.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Lets put it this way, who wouldn't have taken this position before the Peterborough game even??? I think some people need a reality check because we are not going to walk what is an extremely competitive league.

Yes the last few results havn't been what we have already in the space of a few months come to expect, but if we win on tuesday esverybody will be saying we are gunna win the league again. Even if we lose on tuesday we are a good competitive side in this league so lets all calm down, enjoy the victories and take a couple of breaths after the defeats.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having watched the two Woking games, Hartlepool & today's match - yes we are wobbling. Rovers for instance were nothing special yet in the first half we were poor & made them look good. Second half was match better however in truth none of our forwards looked like scoring in open play.

Whilst under Gus we have been playing great football at times, his weakness is in the forward line up.

Murray & Barnes are not firing on all cylinders, Hart & Holroyd are shocking, Sandaza not at the races & Agdestein must be really cack if Hart gets games in preference.

We have had a good run but are now being found out. I have been banging the drum since the summer to bring in one decent forward, but we are still waiting!!! A million will need to be sent. A small price to pay to get to the championship?

And so to Tuesday. I am fearful that we will get our first drubbing. 4-0 to Southampton would not be unexpected. Colchester at home & Huddersfield away after.

Still top by mid December?
I can't see it right now.

Be honest, you'd absolutely LOVE it if we f***ed it up. Just imagine all that "told you so" you could come on here and do.
Oooh, I bet you're moist at the gills just thinking about it.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I think things just did not go our way in front of goal today, there was a few times that the ball just did not fall 4 us. It was by no means a great performance but im sure we will turn it around!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This is our blip. Was always going to happen at some stage; Chelsea are currently having theirs. Remember, form is temporary class is permanent.

This.

I hope is the right answer.. a good time to have the mandatory blip is when you are 8 points clear... even at the end of the blip we might still be clear!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Buemi-Wheels-come-off.jpg

hate to say it but yes....defence lost the plot past few games....caldy n painter lose form and we look ordinary.

For me the midfield have been playing far too narrow lately, which means Calde and Painter go down the wings, the opposition win the ball and hoof it down the wings. We are then caught. Happened throughout the game at Hartlepool and again today until Gus took Battipiedi and Barnes off. The one slight criticism I would make of Gus (and this is not along the lines of WW or TCB, so please don't bite my head off), is that I think he was mistaken to change a winning team for the first Woking game. Yes I know it was a cup game against non league opposition and not wanting suspensions, injuries, etc, but we had a momentum going which has been stopped. I think the old saying "never change a winning team" applies here. I'm sure Gus will learn from this though - it is one of his strengths that he has already done this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here